Barron's Interviews Mudgins

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Johno

Johno

Part two?

I second that!

Regards

Johno

#11     Sep 26, 2008
  2. Classic quote from Hypo...errr... Duref!

#12     Sep 26, 2008
  3. hughb

hughb

BWAHAHAHAHA! This is great. There's something for every ET'er in there. I doubt if the Jack bashers can see themselves in it though.

I laughed out loud at the use of the more esoteric forms of technical analysis to make order of disorder. I myself struggle with throwing off technical analysis, even to the point where I tried to stop looking at charts. But I cut my teeth on the MACD and bar charts, and I find it difficult to disown them.

Where the hell is that rating button again? I've never been able to find it.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it.

#13     Sep 26, 2008
  4. Dr. Mudgins, did being a Stage 1 (or higher) Hershey Trader make it into the DSM V's diagnostic criteria for ETS?

Four Stages of a Hershey Trader -- Applied to Swordless

Swordless has diligently studied Jack's "teachings" and his progression through the four stages of being a Hershey trader has been noteworthy. His Stage 1 behavior has been extreme -- especially his ingratiation -- even for a koolaid drinker. And since Swordless also suffers from a more severe reality deficit disorder than the average cultist, he is still shifting back and forth between Stages 3 & 4.

Stage 1 -- Eagerness and Ingratiation

licking my chops as i only get better :) yes, agree jack and spyder are great, jack is a little tough to follow but his teachings, once untangled, are very helpful!
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1563544&#post1563544

Stage 2 -- Delusion and Defensiveness

Im sure you probably didnt know this but actually on the very first page of the "Spydertraders Jack Hersheys Futures" thread there are links to many pieces of info for people to do their due dilligence first, ranging from the terminology to concepts to just basic background info. Anyone who read that stuff and continued on would never been seen as following a guru blindly. And it cleary states that one should read all the associated links before moving on.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1862711&#post1862711

Stage 3 -- Denial

I've repeatedly told you I don't trade SCT only that I asked some questions over a year and a half ago
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2082939&#post2082939

Stage 4 -- Acceptance

Not once have I ever spoken to Jack Hershey and for all I know he's a shitty trader like you all say.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1753104&#post1753104

#14     Sep 26, 2008
  5. Barron's: Dr. Mudgins, despite your rudely profane termination to last week's interview, we have received a flood of mail demanding that we bring you back. Mostly in the hopes that we will excoriate you, but there was some sporadic incoherent looney support out here to be sure.

Mudgins: Well, the fact that you pricks decided to pay my outrageous consulting hourly rate had something to with my willingness to return. And the opportunity to flense ET at leisure in a national forum.

B: Whatever. Before you walked out on the interview, you spoke of several neurotic symptoms which you never elaborated on.

M: Such as? I forget. I make this shit up as I go, if you must know.

B: Grandiosity. Paranoia. Hostility. Tourette's.

M: Well, duh! Welcome to the world of ET! It's like a bucket of cum filled up by a whore spitting out blowjobs. Grandiosity leads to questioning and prickliness. Which leads to more doubt reacted to with paranoia. Which engenders ridicule leading to extreme hostility. Which leads to outright silence responded to with bannable scurrilous invective. The seven words you can't say on ET.

B: But why? Why waste the time? On either end of the sorry pseudo-debate?

M: Because they have no choice. Oscillators and indicators are not a truly safe way to avoid staring directly at the Medusa of pure price, because some of the scariness of price shows through, especially to the fearfully impressionable mind, the mind that continually fears buggery. But ET is the ultimate escape. On ET there is no knowledge of price at all.

B: Oh.

#15     Sep 26, 2008