Baron's Journey to Single-Digit Bodyfat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Did you bring all this up with the people who administer the scans? And, if so, what did they have to say for themselves?

#481     Jul 27, 2019
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

No. I didn't while I was there, because the technicians are just technicians and not the sharpest people I've ever encountered. However, a doctor always follows up by email a few days later, so I'm definitely going to get into it with him for sure.

#482     Jul 27, 2019
  3. Please let us know how that exchange goes.

#483     Jul 27, 2019
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I don't really understand the obsession with numbers. The best measuring tool is the mirror. If you like the LOOK and FEELING what your diet and exercise have achieved for you, why do you care so much about the numbers? Specially about something that is very hard to objectively measure.

You look good, you feel good, congrats, now go and get a beer and a steak! :)

-------------------------

https://muscleevo.net/dexa-scan-accurate/

Are DEXA Scans Accurate?
    The simple answer to this question is no, DEXA scans are not an accurate way to measure your body composition.

That said, no device can accurately measure how much muscle and fat you have.

A better question to ask yourself is this:

Are DEXA scans accurate enough so that I can use the information to make better decisions about what to eat and how to train?

DEXA does a reasonable job at estimating group averages. But, it’s not so good at tracking individual changes in body fat and muscle mass over time [1].

DEXA might overestimate body fat percentage in half your group by 5%, and underestimate it in the other half by 5%. When looking at the group results, the average error size is zero. But the individual results are way out.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    #484     Jul 28, 2019
    Baron likes this.
  5. [​IMG]

#485     Jul 31, 2019
    HobbyTrading, luisHK and vanzandt like this.
  6. Just watched it. What a worthless straw man video. Did Ornish recommend a diet of empty carbs and baked goods in the video I posted? 25 minutes I will never get back. It's ironic that he would talk about tin foil hats.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    #486     Aug 16, 2019
  7. Worth watching:

#487     Nov 29, 2019
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Solid info. Hard to dispute much in that video IMO.

#488     Nov 29, 2019
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Hey @Baron, can we get an after Thanksgiving, before Christmas update of your current status?

#489     Dec 7, 2019
  10. On a side note, if one wants to be rather slim, very lean but still strong, isnt it better to give up the bodybuilding style training and switch to
    calisthenics or rock climbing?
    Might be a drastic move after 40 but those guys despite a rather small frame and usually very?lean body still exhude power, very impressive

#490     Dec 12, 2019