Baron's Journey to Single-Digit Bodyfat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Good pics! You look like you could lift more with one arm than I could with my whole body. :thumbsup:

#451     Jul 15, 2019
    luisHK likes this.
  2. He would definitely be a good guy to have on speed dial when it comes time to move. :D

#452     Jul 15, 2019
    Baron and luisHK like this.
  3. luisHK

luisHK

Lol, they say you can feel stronger when people start to think of you in time of moving, but I would rather you call professionally movers.
    Don't want to hijack that thread, will post elsewhere a Thor video, it s about how big guys can look dramatically fatter or fitter depending on their posture.

#453     Jul 15, 2019
  4. Handle123

Handle123

@Baron, Do you know if adding Nitric Oxide,"NO", Foods, ie Beets, is it a noticeable difference? I am trying to increase blood flowing into my feet as Neuropathy taken 50% of each foot, had to alter how I walk so as not to fall. But adding Nitric Oxide foods is the precursor of forming "NO" and can reduce weight. "Beets" best if fresh but canned works well, low in calories.

Just have started taking "alpha lipoic acid" (In Germany, alpha lipoic acid has been successfully used for over 60 years to treat peripheral neuropathy. Clinical trials worldwide have shown that injection and oral supplements of alpha lipoic acid can reduce the severity of neuropathy symptoms. Alpha lipoic acid also improves impaired nerve function.) I am not diabetic, but am sure members may have this problems as well.

In last seven years have lost 220lbs and still have 40lbs to go, man it gets tougher to lose after 57yo. Since I stopped eating animals cause body is allergic to their proteins and very little by-products except organic half and half, and can't have more than tablespoon a day, my cholesterol is below lower zone. Stopped eating animals, I got rid of Fibromyalgia, told some gal 18 months ago at grocery store what doctor in London had told me to get rid of animal proteins, she had Fibro since high school, saw her last week, and she said 80% of her pains are gone. At least I can still smell a great steak grilling, yum.

People using artificial sweeteners think they saving calories, LOL, they increase your appetite hugely, one's brain gives you enough pain, often can reach of bad food.

https://www.garvan.org.au/news-events/news/why-artificial-sweeteners-can-increase-appetite.

Thank you for the section on "Health and Fitness", all share without battles of other areas, LOL. Funny, we born and placed into diapers, 20's through 40's" we speak of scoring with the chicks and trading, then 50-70's we talk about surgeries, treatments, women starts to become an illusion and we keep trading, and eventually here comes the "Depends", NOW we can get away with pinching nurse's tits as above 80yo we call it "Dementia" we become great actors of it, if smart have automation going and naps become four hours long until another nurse stops by, ROFLMAO.

#454     Jul 16, 2019
    wave likes this.
  5. Handle123 has me on ignore, so when I saw his blank post, I was curious enough to log out to see what he had to say in this thread. Interesting stuff. I used to eat beets with some regularity, but for some reason I haven't eaten them in many months. Turns out that it has been my loss, as it looks like beets pack quite a nutritious punch:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/benefits-of-beets

I think it was the preparation and cooking of them that turned me off. But about 6 months ago, I bought some canned beets, and left the can in a kitchen cupboard ever since. Upon reading Handle's post and the article I linked, I opened the can and had some. The beets are back!

Someone please thank Handle for me.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    #455     Jul 16, 2019
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

You can dilate your blood vessels temporarily but that's really not a long term solution. Blood shuttles nutrients into the cells but that's only half of the equation. The cells use those nutrients for generating energy but there are toxins and other waste products from that process that need to be shuttled OUT of the cells. This cleaning-up process is the most overlooked system in the body, and that system is called the lymphatic system.

When the lymphatic system is not working properly, waste products build up in the cells which causes the cells to malfunction, become cancerous, etc. That's what diabetes is: an excess accumulation of sugar in the blood supply that can't be burned by the cells because those cells are already clogged up with waste materials that can't make an exit, and your neuropathy is simply the resulting damage that occurs from that cellular malfunction.

But here's the important part:

Blood is circulated throughout the body using a pump, otherwise known as the heart. Lymph fluid, on the other hand, doesn't have a pump at all. Lymph fluid pulls garbage out of the cells through muscle movement. In other words, when you move your body through walking and exercise, your muscles literally squeeze the lymph fluid through vessels that have one-way valves all the back way up to your neck and back into the blood supply. Along that path, the lymph passes through special checkpoints called lymph nodes where dangerous things like bacteria, viruses, toxins and cellular waste are destroyed and filtered.

So, I said all that to say this: You can increase the blood flow to your feet all you want but that's not going to solve your problem. You need to move more. You need to create muscle movement to squeeze the garbage out of the cells of your lower legs and up through your lymph nodes to clean up your system. Even if you're walking is severely impaired, you can sit in a recliner and create a mini-workout routine by flexing your feet, calves and thighs.

No drug or supplement is going to fix your lymph system. You must create the necessary muscle movement every single day on your own in order to get your garbage collection system functioning and fix your problem.

Hope this helps.

#456     Jul 16, 2019
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  7. Very good post. But I'm still going to reintroduce beets into my ~daily diet since it's evidently much more nutrient-rich than I previously thought. Let's hope Handle reintroduces movement. :D

#457     Jul 16, 2019
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Have you generally been lean in the past?

#458     Jul 19, 2019
  9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I was never obese, but also never really ripped either. I started out this journey leaner than most guys my age though.

#459     Jul 19, 2019
  10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Unfortunately, I have suffered a little setback that will likely require I push my timeline back a little. To make a long story short, my foot slipped when I was on a ladder making a ceiling repair this morning, and I fell into a wooden bookcase. Although I put my arms out and caught the majority of my fall, my shin was the first thing to make contact and that was on the sharp edge of a wood shelf. It ripped my shin open pretty good and I just got 10 stitches. So needless to say, I can't do any cardio or leg exercises for a while. No matter what, I will get a DEXA scan over the course of the next week to see where I stand. If I'm still off by quite a bit, I will push my target date back to my birthday, which is September 21.

received_1164467297083573.jpeg

#460     Jul 19, 2019