Baron's Journey to Single-Digit Bodyfat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Jan 25, 2019.

1. I was flying high there for a moment.

#441     Jul 14, 2019
    Baron likes this.
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Looking good brother! You definitely look substantially leaner than 18% in my opinion.

In regards to the bodyfat percentage measured by the scale, mine is now saying 14.8%, down from 15.6% originally. I think the scale is best used as a scale, and bodyfat % should be measured using a more accurate method.

#442     Jul 14, 2019
  3. I agree with this. An impedance measurement using only two contact points (the sole of your feet) is not sufficient to get a proper image of the entire body.

#443     Jul 14, 2019
  4. I'm glad to hear it, because now I know those scales are full of shit.

Yup, it was either that or the wall.

#444     Jul 14, 2019
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  5. I never let a difference of opinion, especially political, prevent me from giving a good listen to what people have to say about things other than politics. I have learned much over the years from people with whom I disagree with on a variety of things. Getting too deep into politics makes fools of us all IMO.
    Don't what to derail this thread into politics. I appreciate what you share here and you obviously have the physique to back up your methodology. I expect you're very disciplined in your workouts and nutrition. My nutrition still sucks somewhat, and at this age I cannot overcome that. Consequently you won't see me posting shirtless pics anytime soon. :D

#445     Jul 14, 2019
  6. That sounds self-defeating. Admittedly, it doesn't get easier as we get older, but it can still be done. As I'm sure you already know, it's all about food choices and portion control. (And portion control is easier with good food choices.)

Consider a recent study on exercise and undesired weight gain:

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/why-so-many-of-us-dont-lose-weight-when-we-exercise.334146/

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    #446     Jul 14, 2019
  7. luisHK

luisHK

Yep... thought ur arms had melted away during that diet :(
    Different styles, but a bunch of fit guys posting here. I ll add 2 pics Junior took withoutbwarning a few days ago at the gym. Have been living in a hotel for 3 weeks and feel I ve lost weight. Feeling skinny :)
    Left leg is bigger though, for some reason. Need to ask for a pic from the other side next time

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    #447     Jul 14, 2019
    Baron likes this.
  8. My portion control is actually very good. My ability to drive past Dairy Queen without zooming in like some crack head, not so much. I am better at saying no to sweets, but that 15% of the time I fail keeps me stuck where I'm at, which is look okay with shirt on, shirt off is not pretty

#448     Jul 14, 2019
  9. You're in far better shape than I thought, because you kept posting power lifting videos of, shall we say, "hefty" guys. Strong but round. So I thought you were headed in that direction.

You and your "arm melting." :p Arm size has fairly little to do with diet and is largely genetically determined, assuming any reasonable workout regimen and that a person isn't starving himself. Baron has long bicep muscle bellies. Mine, unfortunately, are short. That can never change. So it's not so much a diet/routine thing. Also, I had sustained injuries in both shoulders over the years, which compromises things all around. I had my last suit made in 2004. At the time, it fit me just right, and slightly snug at the shoulders (but without the pucker). When I last wore it at a funeral a couple of years ago, it was somewhat loose at the shoulders. Shit happens. That and time.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    #449     Jul 15, 2019
  10. If I'm not mistaken, the correct portion size for Dairy Queen is something approaching zero. Perhaps not necessarily exactly zero, but in the general vicinity.

#450     Jul 15, 2019