Baron's Journey to Single-Digit Bodyfat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah, that's where HobbyTrading said I would end up in a prior post.

#31     Jan 28, 2019
  2. Ok, I didn't see that. Who cares what absolute weight? You can add more muscle from there climb back while watching your diet so as not to add more fat.

#32     Jan 28, 2019
  3. Short of expensive testing, the best approach to estimating BF (emphasis on estimating) is to employ several methods out there, and compare. ie, calipers, navy formulae, bioimpedence, etc

They are all estimates though.

#33     Jan 28, 2019
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Ok, so let's get out of measurement world and talk diet.

This is the breakfast that I had this morning and plan on continue making from day-to-day. It's basically a 3-egg omelet containing a variety of sauteed vegetables and a couple strips of chopped turkey bacon. Along with that is some fruit and some healthy fat in the form of walnuts. In all the food pics I will be posting, you'll see I use paper plates because I hate doing dishes. I even use disposable cutlery as well just to keep things fast and simple.

baron_breakfast.png

#34     Jan 28, 2019
    NQurious and Frederick Foresight like this.
  5. how many calories do you estimate this is? better yet, what is the nutritional breakdown? fat, protein, carbs etc?

I estimate that's sh^t load of calories. one egg = 150 cals :)

#35     Jan 28, 2019
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It's about 400 calories and with somewhere around 40 grams of protein.

#36     Jan 28, 2019
    NQurious likes this.
  7. WOW. You may be right but that looks like a lot more than 400. I estimate somewhere about 800-900, but thtat's a guess

half the plate is the omelette :)

#37     Jan 28, 2019
  8. That's a tasty looking breakfast. I typically have two eggs scrambled with some ground turkey mixed in, and a banana. Half of glass of almond milk for drink. Once a week I'll have pancakes with strawberry jam. I loves me some pancakes.

#38     Jan 28, 2019
  9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

This is what my lunches and dinners looked like this weekend. This is 8oz of sockeye salmon with sauteed vegetables, cherry tomatoes, and some avocado. I will be alternating the sockeye with whitefish from meal-to-meal to create some variety. The rule of thumb I use is that if the fish is fatty like salmon, I add 1/4th of an avocado. If the fish is lean like tilapia, I add 1/2 of an avocado to keep a good amount of healthy fat in there.

Baron_lunch_and_dinner.png

#39     Jan 28, 2019
  10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The omelet looks big because it's loaded with vegetables, but all those vegetables only amount to about 30 - 40 calories.

#40     Jan 28, 2019
    NQurious likes this.