Baron's Journey to Single-Digit Bodyfat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Holy shit you are annoying as fuck

Edit- Thanks for straightening him out Baron. Guy is like a child. Same nonsense over and over

#311     Mar 9, 2019
  2. Not that I know one way or the other, but if I had to bet a dollar then I'd say you're right. It "intuitively" seems to be a good range; it makes sense. And I gather Baron won't likely venture beyond the lower end of the range since he stated that 9% was his goal.

#312     Mar 9, 2019
  3. Anyone who needs to ask what the benefit of reducing bodyfat needs to GTFO....we are not here because you are too lazy to use GOOGLE...

#313     Mar 9, 2019
    Baron and Clubber Lang like this.
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I agree but just so things are crystal clear for everyone just coming into the game, let me just say this one thing:

Nobody escapes the force of gravity. Every extra pound of fat that you have on your body is literally one more pound of gravitational pull downward onto your joints. Your cartilage is generally pretty tough material but it doesn't last forever, so the friction of your excess body weight grinding on the cartilage between your bones as you move around can cause premature deterioration if you're overweight, which is very bad. So if you ever needed one simple reason to shed the extra pounds, it would be to keep your joints as healthy as possible as you get older.

#314     Mar 9, 2019
    NQurious and speedo like this.
  5. I would chop off half my ass to get down in bodyfat %...wait I think I just thought of a fast method to do this...

#315     Mar 9, 2019
  6. When I was down to my lower weight last summer I had energy for days and my left knee stopped swelling after hoops or indoor and outdoor soccer. Put on 15 lbs. in the middle of winter and my left knee is stiff from swelling, I move with more aches and pains, not fun at all. I am starting over again this month to get back down the 15 I gained plus the addition 5-7 I still needed to lose even back then.

I am not really going to arrive at single digits, I would be happy with 15% ha ha... will get there.

I have no choice unless I want to give up all sports and that aint happening just yet. 47 years old and up until last summer I still played hoops and soccer with the 20 and 30 year olds. Not so good now but easy to reverse.

#316     Mar 9, 2019
    NQurious, Baron and Clubber Lang like this.
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

So here's a little progress pic today. I've got a long way to go but things are slowly tuning in.

baron-03-14-19.png

Lately I've been feeling incredibly weak and I haven't been able to get a decent pump at the gym at all. Just an overall very flat feeling. Unfortunately, that's the side effect of a low carb diet plus exercise. Eventually the glycogen stores in the muscles get depleted and there's just no energy in the tank so to speak. Today's workout was total shit so I decided it's time for a refeed..... or a cheat meal as some call it. I've been thinking about this for days and now it's time to take action:

five-guys-cheat-meal.png

There's nothing like a Five Guys bacon double cheeseburger with a paper bag full of french fries (not shown) to get the 'ol glycogen stores replenished. :D

As I was waiting for my burger to come out, I looked at my receipt and couldn't believe what I saw. A friggin' cheeseburger with fries is $16 ?????? Are you kidding me? I'm not talking about a waygu prime burger from Capital Grille or Mortons. We're talking about a fast food restaurant! Give me a break! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

five-guys.png

It was damn good though. :D :D :D

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    #317     Mar 14, 2019
  8. damn $4.29 for frirs???

#318     Mar 14, 2019
  9. that pic says..."that's right bring it!" :D LOL

#319     Mar 14, 2019
  10. Baron, have you considered modeling??

#320     Mar 14, 2019