Baron's Journey to Single-Digit Bodyfat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah, I definitely think I've created some new muscle over the years. Nothing crazy but there's been a few ticks up for sure.

#11     Jan 25, 2019
  2. destriero

destriero

Huge craps.

#12     Jan 25, 2019
  3. iccenuol

iccenuol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage

The athlete.

http://boxingscience.co.uk/boxing-training-camp/

Losing the last few pound can be the hardest bit.

https://www.eroids.com/reviews/weight-loss

If at first you don't succeed...try a different approach (cheat) :cool:

Good luck!:thumbsup:

#13     Jan 25, 2019
  4. wjk

wjk

Anything in particular? When watching calories, I prefer Caribbean Grouper. It's dense protein with almost no fat. Once in a while I'll have Cobia or Mahi Mahi. On the fatty side, I like Pompano, Salmon, and Catfish...with all the fatty fish grilled. Not sure what to make of the farmed stuff regarding omegas, though (Salmon).

I'm currently eating fish 3 or 4 days per week, once per day...about 4-6 ounces in a serving. (I also eat a lot of egg whites when reducing calories.) My current weight is 190lbs, down from an Aug high of 213lbs (age 59.) Target is 175 - 180. Having increased fish in place of beef and poultry has worked really well for me this current diet. Additionally, lots of flax and chia seeds. (Can't keep nuts around...I won't stay away from them.) Also ditched the booze...absolutely none.

Good luck on your goals. Looking forward to watching your results.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    #14     Jan 25, 2019
    Baron likes this.
  5. destriero

destriero

Virtually all of the benefit to eating fish, as a protein source, IS the EPA.

#15     Jan 25, 2019
    wjk likes this.

6. Best of luck. I am the same age and I would settle to get to 15% BF so I will try and join you in the journey.
    How did you get the detailed stats, did you do a DEXA scan or BodPod?

#16     Jan 25, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  7. Good luck with your goals @Baron
    So you are currently at 177 lbs and 15% bodyfat. That gives a lean body mass of 177*85% = 150 lbs. Add a maximum of 9.5% bodyfat (to get in the one-digit range) and your target body weight would be 165 lbs, assuming that your muscle mass stays the same.
    Losing 12 lbs in 6 months is a very reasonable and achievable target, in my view. Keep the carbs intake under control and burn off the fat.

#17     Jan 25, 2019
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Currently, I'm alternating between Tilapia and Sockeye Salmon because that's what's available at the store right now. They are opening up a Fresh Market about three minutes from my house in a couple of months, so hopefully I will have more choices when that happens. The best selection is at Whole Foods, but it's across town and traffic is a nightmare driving over there.

#18     Jan 26, 2019
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

I’d like to know as well. Detailed stats.

#19     Jan 26, 2019
  10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Nope. Just a simple scale from Amazon that connects to an app on your phone. There are thousands of 5-star reviews on it, and I figure the most important thing is just to stay consistent with that one device throughout the journey.

#20     Jan 26, 2019