Baron's idea

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by opt789, Sep 12, 2009.

1. from whom do you think I learned the fine art so well?

#11     Sep 15, 2009
  2. Mandelbrotset? He takes it to a new level, so be sure to keep up.

#12     Sep 15, 2009
  3. by sheer volume posts he is king. by trial lawyer professional debate skill you are unparalleled bar none.

#13     Sep 15, 2009
  4. I will agree that he is all volume. As for me, you give my "skills" far too much credit. I just try to make a point of being on the right side of most arguments. It's so much easier that way and requires far less in the way of mental gymnastics. Not unlike trading, eh?

#14     Sep 15, 2009
  5. Wow, what a concept. I'm all in.

#15     Sep 16, 2009
  6. Start with a core group, say five posters which can be chosen by Baron/mods, lateron they can vote on new additions to the group based on their post history. :cool:

#16     Sep 16, 2009
  7. I hardly ever come to ET now as it basically became a waste of time trying to sift through the bile....

That said, this suggestion has a lot of merit and I am sure that it may be good enough to entice a sponsor...now that should get Baron's attention..

A number of traders have combined together to form our own site (chat room) for daily contact and it has been a lot of fun without one curse word or insult , NOT ONE, but on many occasions supporting each other. It was done by invitation only.

Not speaking for the others , but I am sure that if this idea got off the ground we would like to be contributors.

#17     Sep 16, 2009
  8. Good Idea...

"now and now", well said too.

#18     Sep 16, 2009
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

The only problem I see is if let's say an obnoxious sponsor wants to be posting in the restricted area and based on his former posts he shouldn't. That could cause a conflict of interest for Baron.

One way around this could be that let's say 5 moderators would vote who can post there, and Baron could use this as an excuse: "hey, the moderators don't want you there, Alex." :)

#19     Sep 17, 2009
  10. Sponsors shouldnt be treated any different, either they are chosen to post there else they dont post at all.

#20     Sep 17, 2009