Baron's Crypto Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Baron, Oct 5, 2021.

1. maxinger

maxinger

Time to change the title to Baron's
    Crypto investment journal.

Also time to change elitetrader.com to
    Eliteinvestor.com

#421     Jun 22, 2022
    MacBookProHo likes this.
  2. Sprout

Sprout

lol, he’s just trades on the high timeframe.

It would make sense to take advantage of some tax loss harvesting, book the loss and reduce his acquisition cost with re-entry.

Use the loophole while it still exists.

#422     Jun 22, 2022
    Baron likes this.
  3. virtusa

virtusa

That can explain why he bought at the top.
    That can also explain later why he probably will sell at the bottom.

His timeframe is so slow that he misses everything. His high timeframe causes a huge lag. And lag is something that neither traders nor investors like as it damages their returns.

It is like driving a car that has brakes that will only start to work 15 minutes after you pushed the pedal. And the same problem when accelerating. Can you imagine the problems at traffic lights with these delays? You will probably start to drive when the light is red, and start to stop when the light is green.

#423     Jun 22, 2022
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

#424     Jun 25, 2022
    johnarb likes this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

(Bloomberg)

Bitcoin bitten
    Bitcoin is on track for its worst quarter in more than a decade, as more hawkish central banks and a string of high-profile crypto blowups hammer sentiment. The 58% drawdown in the biggest cryptocurrency is the largest since the third quarter of 2011, when Bitcoin was still in its infancy, data compiled by Bloomberg show. The current bear market stands out for the amount of crypto leverage that’s been unwound. But JPMorgan Chase & Co. said the current phase of deleveraging is at an advanced stage and may not last much longer. Crypto lender Genesis Trading is looking at a potential loss running into the “hundreds of millions” of dollars, CoinDesk reported, citing people it didn’t identify.

#425     Jun 30, 2022

6. Prolly nothing...

#426     Jun 30, 2022
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

If I were a crypto investor, I would consider selling CCs on my position. The premium is very juicy, and in the next 4-6 months I don't see it going anywhere but sideways.

We are going to enter the historically bad mid-August to mid-October season when markets usually fall. A good little boy crypto is, it should follow the markets down.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    #427     Jul 24, 2022
    • How do you sell CCs on a bitcoin position?
    • IMO ......CC's is the wrong move if your are bullish.

#428     Jul 24, 2022
  8. Overnight

Overnight

I believe there are BTC FOPS

#429     Jul 24, 2022
  9. Yes, I agree, going to hold off buying till later this year. Still fallout from companies loaning money to scammers who blew up their account and sailed off in their giant yacht.

#430     Jul 24, 2022