Baron . . .

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by waggie945, Dec 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. you complain too much. you think no quoting is a good idea? that's absurd.

#31     Dec 17, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

"Ignore" is no more than a distraction, Magna. The central issue is why the TOS aren't enforced by the administrator and by the moderators. If those terms were enforced, then the issues of aliases and Ignore might not even be issues.

#32     Dec 17, 2003
  3. Baron, please add a rule to the TOS to reduce dbphoenix's endless annoying posts. thanks!

#33     Dec 17, 2003
  4. Could you see db as a mod here??

You'd be required to a brisk stand to attention and give a "Heil..!"

..salute everytime you logged on.

LOL.

:p

#34     Dec 17, 2003
  5. LOLOL!

Well, how about making it in large bold red flashing caps: COMPLAIN.
    Sorry... I don't know how to do the flashing thing.

Also, when I click complain, have the complaint field already filled out with a generic phrase, so all I have to do is click COMPLAIN - Submit. You know, I don't want to spend too much time complaining. I want to be able to complain quickly and easily.

#35     Dec 17, 2003
  6. Hey Inandlong! Good to see you back. And with dripping sarcasm!

It's easy to pile on this thread. Heck, look who's doing the complaining! Our old friend pt pigeon. Once he's through crying, maybe he'll look in the mirror and see how his 3000+ posts of nothing substantive, and many dumb one liners certainly don't help this site.

Best to you, Romeo

#36     Dec 17, 2003
  7. Hey James! I hope you're having a nice holiday season.

Let me preface my reply with a couple of quick remarks. My sarcasm is in support of Baron and EliteTrader. And I mean no harm to anyone.

A lesson I had to learn for myself was to ignore without using the Ignore feature. As a moderator I couldn't use the Ignore feature and do the job properly. For a long time I found it impossible to ignore some members and this led me to respond in ways that were as unconstructive as the posts I was ranting about. Slowly I realized the error of my way, and let it go.

EliteTrader is always going to have goof-offs. Such is life as any community grows.

#37     Dec 17, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

Although I have had disagreements with dbphoenix in the past, I vehemently agree with almost everything he says on this subject.

Even in this thread, the very maggotts with the "million" aliases are buzzzing around landing on shit piles. It is so glaringly obvious it is pathetic.

I do agree with the poster that ET should be many things, including a place for comic relief. However, that does not apply to these imbiciles whose idea of being funny is the equivalent of a "knock...knock" joke.

I think that the complain button is a good idea. However, much as some of us complain about these people that do nothing but polute ET content with the random explosions that go on in their neurons, it makes ET a chore for _us_. In addition, if we take on the role of complaining too much, then _we_ will be seen as the ones that are too far to the right.

It is not a simple issue, in particular because the moderating is based on _volunteers_.

I have often wondered what motivates these people to act this way. I am beginning to believe that this is a study being done at some University by some students on the viability of online communities. In fact, I think I can write a (sophisticated) AI program that posts random "near in context" posts as these "people" with a million aliases - that is how predictably childish these posts are. Not only that, they clearly know that they are disruptive and I doubt that other than amongst "themselves," few if any ever respond to "them. "

Therefore , I believe they have no shame or sense of self-worth, another clue that these posts are either a calculated experiment for some other reason or purpose, or being posted by a computer generated program.

I simply cannot envision whose life can be so pathetic as to spend all their time trying to defend their right to disrupt others and be stupid. It simply makes no sense?

nitro

#38     Dec 17, 2003
  9. It is very clear that your sarcasm is in support of Baron.

I hope you're having a nice holiday season as well, Inandlong.

Message boards are not perfect. I think the most appropriate cliche is: you reap what you sow.

And to those who want to cry and cry, I offer another cliche: no one has mailed your feet to the floor here.

Funny that the jackasses with 3000-4000 posts, mostly all hot air, are the ones who are doing the crying here.

#39     Dec 17, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

How 'bout something radical, like giving the enforcement of the TOS a try?

#40     Dec 17, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.