Baron . . .

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by waggie945, Dec 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retinal scanners

They are in all the movies so it must be the obvious next step... right after Baron signs that 3 movie deal.

#11     Dec 15, 2003
  2. Pabst

Pabst

ROFL!! AAA, I played along with the Shill joke and received THREE PM's from young members asking for more information about trading OPPORTUNITIES AT SHILL!!! Of course two of them we're probably from Bright wondering if Shill was going to steal his business.:D

#12     Dec 15, 2003
  3. LOL! You deranged loony! Why don't you take the lead and cut out your nolan-vinny-sam alias. Not only is it un-original, but it's extremely annoying, as you are.

In a recent thread in chit chat, you started as nolan-vinny-sam, and continued your same argument as wiggle! How stupid is that? LOL!

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=25784

Stop crying hypocrite!

#13     Dec 15, 2003
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I would go quite that far but I definitely feel that requiring a payment or credit card information in order to participate is not a solution to the problem. There are several other sites who have been requiring identity verification over the last 4 - 5 months and it has basically turned out to be a disaster because they have found that:

1) most people will not pay or provide credit card information for identification purposes simply to participate on a message board.

2) requiring a payment assumes that idiots can't afford to pay, which has turned out to be an incorrect assumption.

3) requiring identity verification assumes that idiots want to stay anonymous, which has also turned out to be an incorrect assumption.

Example: Ken from daytrading univerisity has been requiring identity verification on his board since august, which has produced a message board with a little over 100 posts, over half of which are his own.

#14     Dec 16, 2003
  5. With all due respect to Ken, maybe if he finished the site already he'd have more participation. The lesson modules haven't been updated since Martha Stewart was in short pants.

Something's gotta be done about these immature poster we have here; they're totally destroying the site. Every thread strays off topic almost by the end of the first page. Maybe the mods need to tighten it up - I don't know.

I do know that this was once a super message board and I really hate to see it being hijacked by a select few.

Just my 2c

#15     Dec 16, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Requiring a payment is only one of the suggestions provided, and not necessarily one that I agree with as to its necessity or value.

But the more important point is that neither you nor the moderators see a problem. Therefore, complaints about "the problem" are largely pointless. As long as it's okay to ignore the TOS, for example, members will continue to do so.

#16     Dec 16, 2003
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

You're right to certain extent. I do not see the problem to the extent that you do, especially when I read posts like the one submitted by AAAintheBeltway right after your first post in this thread, who basically had the opposite complaint, saying that things are TOO regulated and strict. This is nothing new of course, as there are new threads started in the feedback forum all the time criticizing myself or a moderator about deleting/editing a post or thread, banning a user, etc.

#17     Dec 16, 2003
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I understand your point but blanket statements don't do me any good. Who are the select few? We provide a link to complain about each user on every single one of their posts but I'm not getting any complaints. I don't know how much easier to make it than putting the word "complain" six different times on every page of every thread. If a user is repeatedly causing problems, click on the complain link on one of their posts and let us know about it.

#18     Dec 16, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

As I've suggested before, if you agree that the board is too regulated, review your own TOS, then do a search using "fuck" or "shit" or "asshole" as the key word. If all of that is okay with you, then there's no problem, and the TOS means absolutely nothing.

#19     Dec 16, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

What's the point, Baron? For the most part, nothing is ever done about it. If the post is removed, it's only after several days. Even if it is eventually removed, it's been quoted at least once, which means that it stays in place. The "complain" function is just a finger in the dike.

If neither you nor your moderators know who the "select few" are, then, again, I suggest you do a search using certain key words.

#20     Dec 16, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.