Baron: Why let a troll moderate your boards?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Rearden Metal, Feb 19, 2006.

ZZTroll is now an ET moderator by proxy. Let this stand?

1. Yes. Trolls make great moderators.

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Suspend Ztroll/resinate's moderator privileges immediately.

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Moderator? ZTroll shouldn't even be allowed to POST on ET.

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I share your loathing, as do many others. Most are afraid to speak out anymore. There will always be a few that'll cause problems to no end.... remember high school? That's life. But the continuous selective editing that is tolerated by a certain moderator to "protect" Z10 and to attempt to make others look worse is absolutely ridiculous. Hard to believe that it's allowed. Like you, Metal, I've fallen prey to the process as well.

#41     Feb 23, 2006
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

RM,

Thanks for your comments, I generally appreciate your perspective on things. In my first post in this thread I purposely reprinted many of the qualities you ascribe to "trolls" and couldn't see much difference between that and "stalking". Whatever we label it I find those posting characteristics to be offensive and counter-productive to civil, respectful dialogue, something sorely lacking much of the time in Chit Chat (especially in political and religious threads). I don't excuse Z10 or any of the other trolls/stalkers.

I'm sorry if you feel important medical information was removed from a thread, as I was unaware of such. I do know as a moderator in other forums I will usually take the time to edit threads (to remove personal attacks, off-topic references, or disruptive language) but when it persists by the same individual I throw up my hands and just start removing entire posts. I don't know if this is what happened to you and I'm not defending anyone's actions, just explaining some realities, as careful editing takes a lot of time. I suspect more of your posts got deleted than you would like during some sort of heated exchange, although I doubt they would have been touched if they were solely addressing medical points.

Moderating Chit Chat is a tough proposition. If it were my forum I would be removing posts left 'n right, banning people, and not putting up with the perpetual nonsense that finds a home there (and the shoe fits on a few people posting in this thread). Everybody is different and I understand you feel Resinate is somehow "protecting" your adversary. To that claim I don't know for sure although, honestly, I have my doubts (with the understanding that you feel there's evidence to the contrary). I know for a fact, by my communications with him, that Resinate means well and has earnestly tried to be fair and work things out amicably, but it's a very difficult and completely thankless job. And he is much more patient than I would be in that forum, but even so it's obviously not to everyones satisfaction. Regardless, your point is taken.

BTW, you say:
    "your claim that chit chat is meaningless"
    which is bizarre as you are fully aware I never said that. What I did say is that it's not worth getting so upset over Chit Chat. Lest we forget, this is a financial chat board. I still wonder why many people refuse the use of the wonderful Ignore feature for those who really annoy them, but I guess it's like passers-by to an accident on the freeway. Seriously tho, why torment yourself, something about "life's too short" comes to mind....

#42     Feb 23, 2006
  3. Magna, If you look at my previous post one more time, you'll see the parts you misread. My point isn't that ZTroll will be able to somehow bother me at some future point, because he won't.

I am saying that there is absolutely no moral equivalence between LoZZZer and his victims, and that the hatred directed at this troll does not stem from some silly little right-wing/left-wing discussion. That's all.

P.S.- Life is too long.

#43     Feb 24, 2006
  4. Well, that basically describes me (except for the 'never admitting a mistake' part - I admitted one just the other day). It is disappointing that you might consider me to be minted from the same metal as the fanatic Z.
    Actually, shouting down fanatics is always a worthwhile and even necessary action, IMO. If you wonder why I have followed Z around trying to get him to respond to the questions engendered by his posts and clear up the contradictions and evasions he spouts, now you know.

I think the opinions expressed in Chit Char are worth getting worked up over. I have seen, personally, what can happen when fanatics are allowed to spread their hate-filled propaganda, and what happens when people are too threatened or afraid to speak out. It is easy to speak out here, so I do. Z has twice evinced some violent tendencies. If I were alone with him and those of his ilk, I may not be so likely to speak up. But here? Of course - always.

RM's theory is compelling - the idea that Z doesn't actually believe in any of the more absurdly partisan garbage he posts and is just doing it to get a reaction because this, of all the activities both social and solitary that he could engage in, is the only way for him to create meaning in his life. As Ash said, I'm still collating.

#44     Feb 26, 2006
  5. Star

Star

It is threads like yours that keeps those of us who are serious about trading far away from this place..

I have never seen anywhere else on the internet so many sissies as there are here!

Sissies here and then the Trading forum nothing but little boys playing a little guessing game as to where the S&P might be....Predictions are for little boys who don't even have money to trade with...

And some of you wonder why REAL TRADERS don't stick around here to long...
    DUH!!

#45     Feb 26, 2006
  6. Hey serious trader: Bet you ten grand my trading P/L was at least quadruple yours last year.

#46     Feb 26, 2006

7. she's a chick who likes options. can't be all bad!

<i>I'm a girl in my early 20's who likes Options </i>

#47     Feb 26, 2006
  8. "It is threads like yours that keeps those of us who are serious about trading far away from this place..

I have never seen anywhere else on the internet so many sissies as there are here!

Sissies here and then the Trading forum nothing but little boys playing a little guessing game as to where the S&P might be....Predictions are for little boys who don't even have money to trade with...

And some of you wonder why REAL TRADERS don't stick around here to long...
    DUH!!"

Hey keep that to yourself. That's supposed to be a secret.
    Tell me more about YOUR options instead.

#48     Mar 2, 2006
  9. Star

Star

Ten grand? ...How about One Hundred Grand? I made just about that in Jan-Feb alone.

If $10k is all you have accumulated from your life long Ponzi Schemes then I really would feel bad about taking your life savings.

Come back and talk to me when you have at least One Hundred Thousand Dollars to bet me!

#49     Mar 3, 2006
  10. One Hundred Grand?... How about One Million? I made just about that in Jan-Feb alone.

If $100K is all you can make in two months, you don't belong on these boards, and you definitely don't have what it takes to go up against Rearden.

Come back and talk to us when you are trading some real size!!

Sheesh, these n00bs, think they own the world making a paltry 100K in two months.

#50     Mar 3, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.