Baron, what's up?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by daniel_m, Feb 25, 2003.

1. you know what would be a good idea? if each post 'froze' the post count at that post..

ie, when you make your 100th post, the post where you made it will show 100. and that won't change.

the post where you made your 120th, will always show 120.

follow me?

whaddya think?

a winner or what?

#11     Feb 25, 2003
  2. NOPE, YA STILL A LOSER ! JUST AN EVEN BIGGER ONE NOW !

#12     Feb 25, 2003
  3. Yes, this is a good idea... I will support you on this one, my dear friend Daniel...

But I will not support you on not counting ALL posts made by members... the whole point about a post count per member is that it represents general participation on Elitetrader, irrespective of where the posts have been made... you cannot say that participation in one thread or on one forum is more or less valuable than elsewhere...

#13     Feb 25, 2003
  4. This is one I actually don't like. If one is to use the number of posts under someone else's name as some kind of litmus test to credibility, then it could be very distorted for someone searching the archives. For example, you would show up as a "Junior Member" if one looked at something back that far and might subsequently be ignored (right or wrong).

#14     Feb 25, 2003
  5. That's a good point... I withdraw my support to daniel_m on his suggestion, and instead I support richtrader's contention...

#15     Feb 25, 2003
  6. but we could have the membership status show the current memebership (as it does now) and only fix the post number?

problem solved!

#16     Feb 25, 2003
  7. yes... and remove the "s" from the word "Posts" under the Registered Date.

#17     Feb 25, 2003
  8. No it is too confusing... let's keep things as they are... and that includes counting ALL posts made by posters, as a general measure of participation in the Elitetrader community...

#18     Feb 25, 2003
  9. exactly.

pure simplicity!

what say thee candle?

#19     Feb 25, 2003