Baron, The broker rating and software review Has become Tom & Jerry action

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Nana Trader, Feb 17, 2006.

Should ET moderate Rating for brokers and softwares

1. yes

17 vote(s)
    70.8%
  2. no

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. I think 30% reveiws should be deleted, because many are double posters under one or differnet alias, also any post that doen't provide solid reason why product can be helpful to certin style of trading

Traders should forward their reveiw to you and after all the moderators unbiasedly approved them they should be published

This way, ET members even will have more temptation to post their reviews more than ever before, if high # of reveiws is what ET plea

secondly, all such posts with little reasoning behind them should be removed
    -best value for money
    -best game in town

#11     Feb 27, 2006
  2. I suggest either eliminating or color-coding reviews by anyone who has not been an Elite Trader member for more than six months and with fewer than 5 or 10 posts per month.

This would eliminate most of the bogus reviews from employees in the marketing department of the companies since they won't have the patience to stick it out.

ET has been around long enough that this restriction shouldn't cause any problems.

- Curtis

P.S. I have had several means with and spoken at length with the principals at Red Sky and these guys are very smart. I was pleased to see the positive reviews but not at all surprised.

#12     Feb 28, 2006
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

We already have a post requirement. All reviewers are required to have at least 30 posts on the message board before they are allowed to post a review.

#13     Feb 28, 2006
  4. nitro

nitro

"...But some hedge funds are choosing systems from firms other than brokers. William Luterman, chief investment officer of Brooks Capital Group, a family office that manages money for a Fortune 400 family, for example, uses a multi-asset, direct-market-access trading platform from Chicago-based RedSky Financial. Luterman relies on the DMA platform to trade stocks, futures and options for the internally managed portion of the family's assets. He also uses RedSky to price the portfolio in real time and hedge its positions, says Luterman, who notes that the system reaches all six U.S. options exchanges.

"We have relationships with 15 different investment banks - none of them could hold a candle" to RedSky's platform, Luterman contends. "It's the speed, the direct access, the wide variety of features in the technology platform."

Because investment banks are large, bureaucratic institutions, Luterman says, he was not convinced that they would personalize the service and electronically dump information into his prime broker after the trades were executed. But "RedSky can get that done and speak to the back office," he says...."

http://www.tradingscreen.com/press_articles_wst822_1.html

nitro

#14     Feb 28, 2006
  5. Allow me to make a suggestion, let's add a section on the feedback describing the type of customer the feedback is for. i.e., nitro can specify that he uses RedSky for APi based automated trading, for Equities and Futures (for instance).

This way, someone can leave a positive review for Scottrade for "retail customer, equities only, discretionary", and naturally this feedback won't be applicable to an automated trading system customer.

Just my $0.02

#15     Mar 2, 2006