Baron, let's address this "edit" thing please!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by rubberbird, Jan 19, 2006.

How long should an "edit" be allowed?

1. only 10 minutes, like it is now

16 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. 30 minutes sounds like a fair compromise

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. more than 30 minutes please!!

17 vote(s)
    44.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. are you on crack? GFY, I have no personal war with that troll. he's immaterial to me. "I'm not helping matters"?? Really? "please show alittle respect" ??? Whom am I not respecting? Baron and I have a good relationship, an honest one. I'm the one who brought this out, that the policy was changed by a troll. Can you please explain how that isn't helping matters?

Get real, I have no ill will towards anyone on this board. Why would I be upset with any anonymous person? I love life, and am enjoying it to the fullest. That's part of the reason I trade so well.

#21     Jan 21, 2006
  2. Why do you attack Baron?...he is your host...and sir I do not take drugs.

And since when have you been designated as the speaker for the guests here in this site?

Michael B.

#22     Jan 21, 2006
  3. Thank you, but i do not feel it is dumb...can you please shut up now? or are you now going to attack me?

ET is no place for these sort of mentalities...rubberbird get a life and grow up... DEAL WITH IT.

as far as the new 10 minute editing...this sucks! for whatever reason Baron decided to change it...it still sucks!

Michael B.

P.S. By the way... Longshot got under your skin and is laughing his ass of at you...You let him guide you into rage...

#23     Jan 21, 2006
  4. You call my post dumb, you accuse me of being on drugs, and now you call me a moron...how old are you?

#24     Jan 21, 2006
  5. rubberbird,

Why would you want to post about your friends publically like this. If you are friends with Baron, then try to show the same respect, he shows you.

Other people are reading this and if you treat your friends this way, then I do not want to be your friend...

Michael B.

#25     Jan 21, 2006
  6. I see i'm wasting my time, you are insane. I didn't say we were "friends" I said we have a good relationship. I've never met him. I guarantee he knows I respect him. But yes, you can talk to people you respect the way I have, if they make a mistake.

I sure hope my real life friends point out my mistakes, and they're still my friends, and they still respect me. That's what friendship is all about. do you not know? get out in the real world. ET is not the real world.

#26     Jan 21, 2006
  7. Perhaps Baron had been considering the change in edit time before you or longshot came to the scene...had you considered that rubberbird?...

I would like to argue that the edit time of 60 minutes was a good time...a little too short, but 10 minutes was a drastic change.

I do not know Baron, and I do not claim to know why he makes decisions. as a humble guest I can only request that he re-consider it...

I do not notice Baron being rash or influenced by anyone when he makes permanent decisions about the admin of this site....

look I have gotten into it with the admin here over the years and I do not kiss ass....but please change this edit time back to 60 minutes Baron...

Michael B.

#27     Jan 21, 2006
  8. doubtful. you followed the series of events that lead to this. longshits alias OMG precipitated it, and Baron is a busy person. He made a quick decision, based on the loser troll, and it was not a wise one. He'll eventually change it back. He's too smart not to. But you have to give him time. This is at the bottom of his priority list. He's trying to run a real business, comprende?

#28     Jan 21, 2006
  9. rubberbird...

you have been guided....

#29     Jan 21, 2006
  10. I vote for NO time to edit a post. I personally value the stream-of-consciousness quality here. It is most evident in the hideous mis-spellings and grammatical errors in thread titles, the ONLY thing that isn't editable. That faithfully reflects the impulsivity of many posters, who can't wait to share with us their brilliant insights on the markets. Do you suppose that Sumerian scribes poking styli into wet clay tablets made such errors? Every ET feature which promotes clear insight into foolishness is a treasure to be cherished.

#30     Jan 22, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.