Baron, let's address this "edit" thing please!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by rubberbird, Jan 19, 2006.

How long should an "edit" be allowed?

1. only 10 minutes, like it is now

16 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. 30 minutes sounds like a fair compromise

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. more than 30 minutes please!!

17 vote(s)
    44.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorry, I wanted to remove some of those nutty "eek", "eek", "eek" things in the above post.
    Couldn't, time was up.

:eek: nono :eek:

#11     Jan 21, 2006
  2. I edited my original message and I can see on the top as I write this new message that it saids Originally posted by NihabaAshi on 01-21-06 06:42am while at the time of this message editing its 06:54am.

With that said...

Sulong is absolutely correct in that something should be coded so that it saids clearly that the writer of the message had edited the original content.

Without that...nobody knows if my original message was yelling profanities at the POPE.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#12     Jan 21, 2006
  3. I just found out about this new change and I dont like it at all. I was going to initiate a thread but found this one. 10 minutes is not enough time for someone who posts in anger (which I have done many times) to cool down and come to his senses. Personally I think someone should be able to go back and delete any of his posts at any time.

#13     Jan 21, 2006
  4. What can we do?
    Nobody wants to listen.....

:(

#14     Jan 21, 2006
  5. Another possibility for Baron to do is set up a Draft option in which we are allowed to prepare our post and then save the message to allow us to review, edit it for as long as we want until we are ready to post the message.

Very similar to the feature in emails.

Simply, the draft (saved) feature along with an editing timestamp for message that do get posted should make everybody happy regardless if the editing time was 1 hour or 10 mins.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#15     Jan 21, 2006
  6. Baron,

Can we please have 1 hour back... 10 minutes suck big time.

Michael B.

#16     Jan 21, 2006
  7. azimuth

azimuth

i'd like a week please

#17     Jan 21, 2006
  8. I think most everybody has notepad...

#18     Jan 21, 2006
  9. the ultimate irony here is that this change was prompted by one of the biggest loser trolls in ET history, OMG aka ms salvage aka longshit, who actually duped Baron into changing the edit time.

Can you believe it?

And now Baron's pride won't allow him to do the obvious, change it back!

#19     Jan 21, 2006
  10. rubberbird,

Can I ask you to please shut up...you are not helping matters ...

Please hold you professionalism and do not stoop to the level of your adversaries...

Also, I have learned to like this place and am just a guest here as you are. Please show a little respect...I know in the past I have been out of line myself, but I am learning how to conduct myself publicly everyday. If I have offended you, I apologize in advance, but if this post offends you, may I ask you to examine yourself as to why? Don't go into detail about your private war with longshot ok? Longshot pissed you off and I think we all know that now. your efforts to discredit him are too bold and are damaging you!

This is a serious matter and the decision to reduce the edit function time down by more than 80% allowable time effects the functionality of this forum.

Michael B.

#20     Jan 21, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.