Baron - Is Nazism a fun joke for you and ET?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bruto Blukowski, Apr 2, 2007.

1. I find it quite disturbing that someone's existence on ET can be summarily erased from history without leaving a trace behind purely because that person holds a minority point of view.

Given the subject matter, the irony is not lost on me.

By performing this deletion, you have actually given credibility to and legitimized his point of view.

I fully expect to see the same treatment applied to those promoting and advocating other anti-race/religion/state points of view.

#11     Apr 3, 2007
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I'm not sure what your point is. If we ban somebody and then that person intentionally changes their IP address, their email address, and and their username all for the sake of re-registering on the site, there's not a lot I can do about that other than deal with it once it happens. Banning a username does not equate to sending that person to Siberia.

#12     Apr 3, 2007

3. I think that you are replying to the wrong person.

#13     Apr 3, 2007
  4. dude, c'mon, those numbers may be off by 20% up or down but it's not like moshe the rabbi said: this is the figure, and everybody else said: amen, or sthg... (or whatever they say...)

am all for openness a la stephen walt http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1162903&highlight=walt#post1162903 but, revisionism??? think again...

#14     Apr 3, 2007
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Actually I was replying to you. You complained and then after my response saying the guy was banned, you asked me why was he posting new threads another another alias. All I'm saying is that it's pretty much impossible to keep somebody completely off the site if they have nothing else better to do in life than change their IP address, email, username, and other info for the purpose of getting another alias.

#15     Apr 3, 2007
  6. thing is, there is a lot of unnecessary puke going down the P&R section... think wael012000 and superkachzionistmofo (just made it up for balance but am sure there is at least one on ET) for instance... why not ban more agressively?

that's freedom of speech vs freedom of puke mesays

#16     Apr 3, 2007
  7. man

man

i find it important to question one's own methods in
    judging and treating others. but i really think you
    underestimate the danger of these people when you
    call it a "minority point of view". consider if it was about
    raping three year olds and someone would start a thread
    "scientists proved: they like it". and people would argue
    back and forth and somehow end it. and the next day
    he would start one with "the two year olds are
    even tighter!". now, if that sounds disgusting to you
    it is intended. the two of us are on the same page
    here. if i argued, they just have a minority point of view
    regarding sexuality, that would be true, but it would
    somehow miss the pint, wouldn' it?

now, does that comparison suck? forget for a moment
    about this whole zionist conspiracy jew crap and see
    just the human beings. gassed men, women and
    children. spend an evening reading eye witnesses',
    victims' and allied military personnel reports. then
    listen to some hitler speech, read excerpts of "mein
    kampf" (impossible to read the whole boring pamphlet)
    and get back to people like Publisher. go back and
    forth and check the validity of argument. and i would
    assume you would see that these guys are worse and
    more dangerous than rapists.

sincere
    g

#17     Apr 3, 2007

8. People like you piss me off!!

What makes you think your version of the supposed "truth" is to be mandated for the rest of us. There are numerous intelligence reports that suggest the Holohoax was just that.

Maybe you should worry about banning the internet altogether? lol

#18     Apr 3, 2007

9. Yes, exactly my point.

And the biggest problem of it all is our Politicians are cowering to these people like little children afraid and lost in the dark.

#19     Apr 3, 2007
  10. BSAM

BSAM

(Man others know as "Mr. Speech Police" lined up in ticket counter at the airport.)---

Ticket Agent: Yes sir, may I help you?

Mr. Speech Police: Yeah, give me a ticket to North Korea.

Ticket Agent: North Korea, sir?

Mr. Speech Police: Yeah, dammit, you heard me right; North Korea.

Ticket Agent: (Now realizing he's dealing with someone who is extremely distraught about something.) Yes sir. Right away, sir. Will that be oneway or roundtrip?

Mr. Speech Police: Oneway dammit. And hurry up about it.

Ticket Agent: (Cough).....Excuse me sir, but have I upset you in some way? You seem to be upset about something.

Mr. Speech Police: Oh, uh.....Ah, sorry, it's not you. It's something that's been happening on the internet.

Ticket Agent: The internet?:confused:

Mr. Speech Police: Yeah, it's that damn Baron at elitetrader.com. I disagree with how he lets people post on his message board.

Ticket Agent: Well, sir, if I were you, I would certainly ask for a refund from this elitetrader.com.

Mr. Speech Police: Yeah, well, uh.....(cough).....it's a fr.. pub... for..

Ticket Agent: Excuse me, sir?

Mr. Speech Police: Can't you hear dammit?? I said it's a free public forum!

Ticket Agent: (Looking down/in a low tone)---Oh, uh.....I.....uh..... I see. Well, here's your ticket.

Mr. Speech Police: Yeah, thanks a lot buddy. I'm going somewhere so I don't have to put up with this nonsense anymore. I want to go some place where there are lots of people who think like me. Bye!

.....Uh, just a second.....You know where I'm going, they think like I think. There's only one "party" there. But, I'm kinda curious.....You a Democrat or a Republican?

Ticket Agent: Neither.

MR. Speech Police: You trying to be smart?

Ticket Agent: No, sir. I'm a Libertarian.

Mr. Speech Police: Why you s.o.b.!! I know I won't have to deal with the likes of you where I'm headed to!!

#20     Apr 3, 2007