Baron how about this...??

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by rtharp, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Thats true membership would go down dramatically and that probably does not bode well for advertising dollars.

Therefore, nothing will be done and we will just have to put up with the crap.

#11     Sep 6, 2002
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

thats exactly what i meant...:D

#12     Sep 6, 2002
  3. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

I would never register to a forum asking my credit card info.

What I encountered on the web are sites refusing free email accounts registration (yahoo, hotmail, etc..). That prevents a lot of abuse right there imo.

#13     Sep 6, 2002
  4. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I only use the free email accounts. My old home email became so full of junk that I just quit using it. I use a hotmail address for everything, and I get tons of junk there, but its easy to manage. I keep a Yahoo address that I only use with selected friends/family and so far it is junk free. I suppose I would change if I had too. But the main issue is that people who want to be disruptive will do so no matter what the requirement. Its a public forum and as a result you have to deal with the public. You have to admit, there is much less noise here than any other trading forum out there...certainly considering the number of participants. As the site has grown, I've learned how to ignore most of the junk, although from time to time I probably miss a few good threads. But I think Baron has done the best you can do with this format.

#14     Sep 6, 2002
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

I agree 100%...yet there are alot of people that just dont want to give up any kind of info..even their paid email addy

#15     Sep 6, 2002
  6. Yes, but that doesn't take into consideration the measures many have taken to avoid spam...that is, using hotmail, yahoo, etc. (that was mentioned in an earlier post.)

I don't like the credit card idea much either...

Jim

#16     Sep 6, 2002
  7. Not unless booting them means booting their IP subnet, or whatever the hell you call it.

I don't have a "pay" e mail address that I use, either. I mean, I probably got one from my ISP when I signed up, but I've never used it. I strongly prefer hotmail and yahoo mail for all of my personal business.

#17     Sep 6, 2002
  8. rs7

rs7

What was that?

I missed something while wasting my time trading??

#18     Sep 6, 2002
  9. exce26

exce26

1. ET is not selling any product using credit card.
    2. ET is selling ad by rating, # people register this website.
    3. Less restriction of registration = more people come, probably same people with different user name
    Conclusion = No Way on credit card submit reqeust!
    If there is any insult forum, Barron will kick it by request after reviewing.
    :cool:

#19     Sep 6, 2002
  10. He shook down a few of the repeat posters/scammers....I saved a copy of the page before he deleted it (please delete this post or kill the attachment if you don't want it up, Baron, and accept my apology) - but I thought it was a great thing to do.

You gotta cut down on that trading, rs; it eats up alot of your time.

#20     Sep 6, 2002