Baron has NO clue

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bundlemaker, Aug 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

So why did you stop being a moderator?

#51     Aug 26, 2003
  2. Thanks for the compliment. On the contrary, I found one thing Jack said to be of value. For that reason I waited quite awhile before I got fed up with his antics and complained. It is amazing to me the power struggles which arise in message board communities over who is 'in' and who is 'out'. As long as Jack didn't mess with the threads I was interested in I had no conversation with him, other than at the beginning when I first met him.

However, he has posted thousands of messages on at least three message boards. By now, he should be fairly familiar with the questions arising from his teaching and how to succinctly and simply answer them. He displayed no such mastery of his subject while here, only acting in a confusing and disrespectful manner. Other people have invested quite a lot of their time in their own threads and making comments on threads they have an interest in posting about. On two threads I was participating in Jack showed up hoping to draw attention to his teaching methods. What, several of his own threads weren't enough for him?

#52     Aug 26, 2003
  3. excellent points. Has it ever occurred to you Baron that it might be one or two people with multiple IDs making frivolous complaints about someone they want banned? Your membership total is 8000+ but I'd guess the actual member list is closer to 100.

#53     Aug 26, 2003
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

??? aren't you moderator , what happen

edit; letmeguess, tripack resign in protest of unfair treatment of (you know who)

#54     Aug 26, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Hardly what I'd call "excellent". If somebody gets banned and no reason is given, the peanut gallery whines. If a reason is given, the peanut gallery whines (the reason's not good enough). Therefore, the only alternative is never to ban anybody. But the peanut gallery whines about that as well.

Fact is that Jack's supporters are largely responsible for this situation since not one of them was willing to lift a finger to defuse the situation. Not one. Instead, they more often just fed the fire.

#55     Aug 26, 2003
  6. you're another one that needs to be banned. You're worse than bubba.

#56     Aug 26, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And what did you do to help Jack, blackguard? Zip.

#57     Aug 26, 2003
  8. bundlemaker's point is EXCELLENT. i'm not surprised you disagree, dbphoenix.

#58     Aug 26, 2003
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

would you be surprised, I used to make smart aleck comments about Jack post too, eventually my question get answer but not right away but I see your points.

#59     Aug 26, 2003
  10. Quote from bundlemaker:

Baron, you truly are an idiot. Read above what you wrote. You state specifically that you ban those you receive complaints about. Think about that for a moment. It makes NO sense. You're assuming that if you receive complaints, the complainers must be right. YOu've turned YOUR board, which you supposedly control, into some kind of quasi-democracy, controlled by "complainers". YOu've relinquished your total control and given it over to anyone and everyone who is short on brain cells.

Now I understand why, LOL.

I think you are wrong there, bundlemaker. Even though Baron may be King, it is generally in the King's interest to see his people content.

On the other hand, if this weren't a kingdom where the 'vox populi' were heard your post would soon be gone and maybe you, too.

As for myself, I'm not much of a 'complainer', I know how to use the "Ignore" button. And I did what I could to help you when you asked questions by giving you straightforward unambiguous answers. After asking Jack several times the same question and not receiving any simple and clear answer I had to go looking for myself. I get fairly tired of that exercise. I expect to be treated the way I treat others. Look at our PM conversation and just imagine Jack had responded to you instead of me. Do you think you would have an answer, yet?

Hope things are going well for you...let the adventure continue.

#60     Aug 26, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.