Baron ET 2.0 (new website)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Maverick74, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Baron, OK I have an idea for you. I understand completely your reflectance to mess with something that obviously is bringing in lots of money and it works. I get that. Many on here have offered suggestions to convert ET to a subscription site. And you know what, you're right. Leave this site alone. It's serving it's purpose (making you a lot of money).

How about this, why not create a whole other site. Call it ET Pro or something. Totally different site. Look, you are playing with the house's money at this point. It's a free trade for you. This new site will be very similar to ET only there will be no political bullshit or chit chat. Just trading and it will be by subscription only. It can only add to your revenues from this site. In fact, you might bring in new sponsors that were reluctant to advertise on this site. I'll even thinking about coming on board as an investor.

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't do this. This site would keep running as is. I have a lot of interesting ideas to generate revenue. I'm curious what your objections to this would be.

2. kayakfly

kayakfly

Any changes can throw off the dynamics of the money machine.

You, JK, should start the new site.

3. BSAM

BSAM

If a person knows how to trade, why would he pay to join a trading website?? So, if only nontraders were willing to pay money, who would want to hear them anyway?

(If you're looking for work, I have some laundry that needs to be done.:p)

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

They would pay for the same reason guys go out to a bar after work and "pay" for a beer. Some guys want to shoot the shit with other "intelligent" people. ET as it is now is a playground for children. Do you honestly think this site is about learning how to trade? LOL.

5. BSAM

BSAM

There are a few intelligent folks here. Actually, if people will hang around here, yes, there are trading nuggets that show up, occasionally.

Having said that, I understand that if you are (or anyone) an all-the-time-serious person, then I can see why you seem to question the ability to learn much here.

At any rate, I wouldn't call ET a playground for children. There's a lot of people here who know a lot, there are others who come here, not because they are children, but because they really do have legitimate interests/questions about trading.

Lighten up, Mav. Have a beer. ;>)

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

I never said otherwise. I'm just saying I think there is value in creating a sister site. Why not? It wouldn't hurt anybody. If you don't want to be a part of the new site, stay here. Seriously I don't understand the objection. He can keep this site running full steam.

Sure there is lots of great stuff on this site. There are probably 50 million posts in the archives. If 1% of them hold some value then there are probably 500k great posts here. I'm not saying there is not. What I am saying is that there is a market for something better. Something different.

For example, on this new site, your handle has to be your full name. Many sites do this and the quality of the people and the posting is very high. This way you don't have one person with 50 different aliases talking to himself.

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

You are about 10 years late with this idea. ET had 2 brother sites until 2008. Baron probably decided that the situation just divides the same paying advertisers or the hassle just wasn't worth it and killed the brothers....

Less is more....

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Really? What were they?

9. Your suggestion is akin to telling saks 5th ave that they should open a mega discount store to compete with walmart(or vice versa)

10. #10     Feb 17, 2011