Baron can we revoke some members?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bobcathy1, Jul 1, 2003.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

This is an open letter to Baron.
    Can we please revoke some members?
    Can we please have MORE editing of posts?
    Is there anyway that you can figure out the computer number and block it so only one person per address?

Maybe it is hot out
    Maybe school is out
    Maybe the asylums are empty....

I really have gotten a lot out of the site.
    But now I hesitate to post anything but chit chat openly.
    These trolls are just ridiculous.

Cathy

2. I can understand your frustration. There are a lot of threads that are created each day on this site and many of them are created from utter nonsense.

One of the many reasons why ET is such a great board is due to the fact that there are a lot of intelligent people with a lot of experience in trading.

When I came to this board, I had absolutely no clue as to how difficult trading was. Since my first post, I've learned to read more and type less. However, there are obviously certain users on this site who have an agenda to detract from discussions on trading.

Even chit-chat has a lot of good threads not related to trading. It is good to talk about other things besides trading since traders are geniunely a community unto itself.

I am sure that, since it is summer, there are a lot of people coming out of the woodwork with no real reason to be here. A lot of users are just "whacked" (to put it nicely).

Every community has its share of idiots, but I think a lot of the hard-core users of ET (even those who do not post often) will agree that ET has remained on top of a lot of other online bulletin groups.

We'll weed out the idiots and keep this place in the class that it has been in since ET first came into existence.

3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Aphie,
    I really think some regulation is in order on this board.
    Like the threads where there are name calling, especially in the thread title. Like "magna is a liar" for example.
    Obscenities and inflammatory statements should be deleted. As well as things that are useless.
    I would like to see all my posts deleted. Tired of people using them as ammunition for fights. Can I set it back to zero please?
    I use the ignore button a lot. But new buggers slip through.
    And I do not visit the site as often as I used to.
    I know a lot of traders who quit posting and reading this forum.
    Baron needs advertising and this is not good.
    I am one of those REAL traders. I can't even be helpful without getting spammed.

Maybe I am going to take a clue from all this and change my name too. So I can go back to being anonymous. :cool: :cool:

4. Honey, if all the useless posts were deleted and their authors banned, nary a trace of you would be found 'round these parts

:-(

5. NO!

hello! just put people on ignore that you don't like and don't read threads that don't interest you!

F. P.

6. Users are human behind the name. Play nice Pussy.

7. I posted the seven dirty words you can't say and nothing else...guess you can't say them. I can't wait until things get real tight around here and then the Howard Stern of ET appears - the messiah, the messiah.... excuse me, are you the messiah?...no, I'm Brian no leave me alone, I just want to be left alone....HE IS THE MESSIAH!...he's denied it, he must be our saviour...oh bloody hell where did he go?...HIS SHOE! It's a sign, cast off your shoes...no, no, your taking it too literally....NO, NO, FOLLOW THE GORD!

It's good to see some censorship, seriously. It will finally force some of us peons into some creativity. By the way, is there a list of words you can't say I could reference? If you need a list I am sure I can come up with one.

Merely a flesh wound,
    RLB

8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Codswollop?

9. Probably the same list you would use if you were out to dinner with your mom while slightly buzzed on wine. Nothing too extreme, but a little beyond kindergarden.

10. ??

I just noticed the complain button. Here's a forcast for baron and his new band of gypsies: more trouble than it's worth. Doesn't bother me, don't get me wrong, I am just guessing your going to have to start your own ignore list for frequent and obscene complainers.

Ahhhh....entropy, never fails. I'm just [bad word] basking in it right now.

#10     Jul 2, 2003