Baron and Mods...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ivanovich, Jan 31, 2008.

1. #11     Feb 1, 2008
  2. #12     Feb 1, 2008
  3. Joe

Joe

For something like that I would suggest putting him on ignore. I instructed him to keep from making dramatic post titles that distract the user from the real topic at hand. i.e. PAL FALLING BLACK MONDAY!!!! for posts inside a thread you will have to use the ignore feature.

#13     Feb 2, 2008
  4. For the record, I have never stated anything about PAL.

There is a simple truth that we all must understand. The Villians of ET make Baron loads of cash through hits. Look at how Jack Hershey, Tim Sykes, Michael Scott, Bullz n Bearz, Stocktrad3r, etc are no longer here and the hits continue to go down for EliteTrader.

If this site consisted of a bunch of smokey ole guys drawing up some Fib retracement lines on the SPX would there be any hits at all?

There are also the hero characters like the StonedInvestor or Nikei where they make these really crazy trades and is everyone's friend.

The heros and villians provide a service to Baron. They make his site more popular, more juice for the sponsors. You have to love them all.

I dont like being the hero, I like more being like the Villian, but my posts do have value at times with some cool technical analysis. Oh well...

#14     Feb 2, 2008
  5. Quote from jreynolds212:

The heros and villians provide a service to Baron. They make his site more popular, more juice for the sponsors. You have to love them all.

They irritate the hell out of the ET community. The service you provide is similar to Gout or Acne.

I dont like being the hero,

Well, you succeeded...

I like more being like the Villian

You are more the village idiot.

but my posts do have value at times

even a blind chicken finds a worm now and then

#15     Feb 3, 2008
  6. cvds16

cvds16

ban this moron, I'm sick and tired of starting to read threads with bullshit

#16     May 2, 2008
  7. trendo

trendo

Baron,

Please give users the ability to delete/ignore entire threads started by moronic douche bags.

Thank you in advance.

#17     May 2, 2008
  8. Been asking for it for a couple of years now. I wouldn't hold your breath.

#18     May 2, 2008
  9. Self-policing sounds like a good idea. I don't believe a thread should be removed based on a single user request, but if a certain number of users vote for removal, it could be removed automatically. Maybe we could pilot this idea in one of the forums.

On a side note, I wish the moderators were given more liberty to, well, moderate. I see some unbelievably offensive content in various threads, yet the moderators are apparently under the instructions not to remove that content.

#19     May 27, 2008
  10. As a moderator, I can tell you that I get no such restrictions placed on me in terms of what to moderate. If something offends you, hit the "complain" button.

I spend a lot of time on the Forex forums, and that is where I have moderation ability. I think I can safely say that I keep a close eye on those forums and the posters who frequent there tend to behave.

#20     May 28, 2008