Barney Frank Told To Sit Down And Shut Up For Day

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 7, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., received a day-long ban from speaking on the House floor today, and the comments he had made were removed from the record, after he violated House rules with a personal attack on Rep. Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas.

"I have never seen truth stood on its head more rapidly than my colleague from Texas [just did]," Frank said today after Hensarling spoke on the House Floor. "For the gentleman from Texas -- having been part of the leadership that engaged in that shameful maneuver -- to now accuse us of being excessively concerned with credit is the most hypocritical and dishonest statement I have heard uttered in this House." Before making those remarks, Frank had earlier akncowledged that "you may not accuse anyone else of being disingenuous, under the House rules."

http://campaign2012.washingtonexami...house-barney-frank-banned-speaking-day/416251

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Is he still allowed to suck dicks?

3. pspr

pspr

He can still run his fudge packing business, too.

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

LOL

Barney Frank, Chief Architect of the Housing Crisis.

He shouldn't be told to shut up. He should be thrown in a prison cell along with the rest of Congress both left and right.

5. pspr

pspr

You got to start somewhere. :)

6. Max E.

Max E.

What i found funniest about this story is that the house actually has a rule that you can not accuse anyone else of being disingenuous........

What a dumb fucking rule.....

The whole lot of them, Republicans, and Democrats are ALL DISNGENUOUS, so they set a rule for themselves that you cant call another person a hypocrite, because they know that they are all a bunch of disingenous shitheads(regardless of side) and none of them want to be exposed for the ass holes that they really are.

I find it funny that they actually had to set a rule against questioning the other sides motives..... The rule was made because they all know EXACTLY how questionable their behaviour is.....