Barney Frank calls for MORE immediate government spending increases

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NeoRio1, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Just saying. Don't lecture me about "conservatism," it's an empty shell of a slogan in the GOP.

#41     Oct 21, 2008
  2. Look, I can't put it to you any clearer: your theories don't work.

Reagan enacted TEFRA (The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act) which was the largest peacetime tax increase in American history -- about 1% of the entire GDP.

The only year that taxes weren't raised under Reagan appears to be 1988.

Republican theories are WRONG as can be seen by the last eight years.

#42     Oct 21, 2008
  3. Republicans don't have "theories." that's like bestowing a PhD upon a Monkey, Republicans have slogans . They repeat them ad nauseum and think somewhat you'll just accept them.

#43     Oct 21, 2008
  4. Gord

Gord

You don't read too well do you? I didn't present theories, but facts. JFK, Reagan and Bush all drastically cut taxes and government revenues went up each time. Deficits are caused by government overspending.

#44     Oct 21, 2008
  5. ALERT : Assertion doesn't hold water
    http://www.factcheck.org/taxes/supply-side_spin.html

#45     Oct 21, 2008
  6. Gord

Gord

That is just a claim from a leftwing hack website - a theory that can't be tested or proved. The facts are that liberals like you objected to W's tax cuts by claiming that government revenues would go down. But they went up - just like when JFK and Ronald Reagan cut taxes.

#46     Oct 21, 2008
  7. Dude, Read it. these are the numbers of the IRS and the Federal Reserve. It's not some leftist whack job.

#47     Oct 21, 2008
  8. Gord

Gord

So besides believing in polls you also think that theoretical numbers can't be manipulated?!? I've got some subprime mortgages I'd like to sell you... [​IMG]

#48     Oct 21, 2008
  9. I'd gladly buy them if only I was sure a REPUBLICAN administration would be in power next year. I'll just label them "toxic assets" and sell them to the 700 Billion $ fund BUSH set up earlier this month, McCain supported and both the house republicans and senate Republicans voted for.

BUT, Obama is moving in and he's a free market capitalistic guy.

A Black president, with Jewish economic adviers, and "Inidian" under secretary of the Treasury Neel Kashkari will save your ass and mine. Missing in the picture : Joe the Plumber

#49     Oct 21, 2008
  10. Gord

Gord

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Yeah right - and you're a conservative... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sheesh! Obama would be insult by an accusation like that... [​IMG]

#50     Oct 22, 2008