Barney Frank calls for MORE immediate government spending increases

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NeoRio1, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Neo,
    I tried to explain in at least 50 threads why this would be a good thing. ok let me try one last time.
    I gave up after coming to the conclusion that most the people here who vote GOP do it for strictly ethnic reasons, but I'll try one most time.
    BTW : I'm both a social conservative and economic conservative. BUT not a party shill.

Obama is financing a tax cut for the middle class by taxing marginally higher the rich class. so basically, I will help Joe the plumber get more money and pay his lien and I hope he does, the tax dodger that he is
    Why is it important ? The US consumer is the engine of the economy, middle class has been hit hard with depressed home values and credit freeze, and a weakening labor market. A little bit money in their pocket will encourage them to spend and rev up the retail engine

The RICH have lost more in the market crash and depressed home values than the meager 3 % tax rise. and where do you think the Rich put their money, in the capital markets, Dow lost 30 % year to date. McCain can go fuck himself with his 3 % taxcut. I know personally someone (newly retired) who lost 250k in the last 4 months.

Spending is not bad, all the time.
    On the war, yes STUPID to waste 10 Billion of our own money / PER MONTH to finance a country that has surpluses (Irak)
    On medicare (Stupid again, 0 jobs created, money used to buy expensive and inefficient medication to add 6 months to some granny republican life expectancy, let the motherfuckers pay for their own medication or DIE. We're against helping the Blacks, why should we help the Old. They're all the same)

Spending on both Infrastructure / Alternative is GOOD,. it creates well paying jobs for Americans and gives a shot to the economy. The money is not lost since it's a capital investment.

got it ?
    increased spending in Obama's plan is GOOD
    marginal tax cuts for the rich are GOOD because they finance TAX CUTS for the middle class. otherwise, they wouldn't be a good idea.

you want an easy rule to determine whether Gov spending is good or bad, simple : Job creation.

Remember that we're able to exchange ideas RIGHT NOW on the internet because of GOV spending. If we waited for the private sector, you'd still be paying 90 4/ month for a dial up proprietary connection.

Capital spending -- very good

Why ?
    An alternative energy Manhattan plan would help us this way

-- Sending a signal to OPEC not to fuck with the US anymore, our cars will et 150 mpg per gallon in a few years, so shove your expensive oil us your ass
    --Smaller defense budget since we won't have to fight wars or force stabilize the middle east to guard our energy supply
    -- Jumpstart ET (Energy technology.) the same way with did with IT. exporting our knowledge and high priced high margin services outside the US.
    -- Nice side effect : Dealing with Global warming.

Welfare -- to Blacks, grannies or baling out White people mortgages as McCain wants to do -- very bad

It's a very responsible plan

#11     Oct 21, 2008
  2. Listen..... hypocrite! Why don't you spend some of your limited free I.Q. energy wondering about why the hell W. Bush ran up our deficit to record levels; instead of wasting what little intellect you apparently possess posting nonsense. I really have serious problems understanding nitwits like you who, for some unknown reason, (apparently bias and bigotry) SPECULATE ABOUT WHAT MIGHT BE under Barack Obama when you don't show any objectivity and integrity by posting the obvious..... the reason we are in such deep crap right now is a function of the moron in the white house for 8 long painful disgraceful years !

You must have a serious disconnect from reality posting all this bull-crap about Obama and democrats and how they "might" screw things up. I am sick of listening to all you no-brains who post nonsense on P & R... about democrts or liberals and ignore Bush and his group of misfits!

There is only ONE way to go from all the b.s. that Bush and his incompetent staff and appointments left in the laps of the American people.............. and THAT WAY is UP!

Why don't some of you right-wing radicals show some class and sportsmanship, sit back, stop your bulls-t posts about trivial matters and mis-truths or half-truths that are way over the edge... and say "I'm going to give this new guy a chance. Maybe will exceed expectations and overachieve and my life will get better"!

#12     Oct 21, 2008
  3. It is truly comical to see all you liberals dodging the issue of Obama's desire to increase taxes on achievers when the economy is as bad as it is.

Just ask any prominent business man whether increasing taxes right now on the richest 5% is a good idea right now during the possibility of a great depression! They will respond with a NO.

All the name calling and passionate forum writing (LOL!) aside the bottom line is that a large amount of Obama's tax policy is not a good idea.

#13     Oct 21, 2008
  4. Iceman,
    THANK YOU.
    This is what I've been saying know for days, You scratch the surface, the only reason these guys vote for the GOP is bigotry. PERIOD

It's all subtle and hidden behind "Welfare" "Tax Cuts" "Fiscal discipline" "wealth distribution".........but there is no truth to that.
    These guys are scared shit for no reason, I don't know, that Obama will enslave the White race....

It reminds me how we learned while in college how English businessmen were predicting the downfall of capitalism after a law was passed to grant the workers HALF A DAY of rest per WEEK.

Somebody FOUGHT for you to have weekend motherfuckers and he too was a labeled a Utopian communist.

#14     Oct 21, 2008
  5. Obama WILL be president. No amount of intellectual dishonesty, anger, game playing, dirty tricks will change the outcomes.

I'll be roaming this forum on the night of Nov 4 to laugh at you...and laugh I will

#15     Oct 21, 2008
  6. LOL this is too funny. I could be the biggest bigot in the world but still that wouldn't change the problems with Obama's tax policy. I unlike you do not believe everyone with different views are absolutley evil. I feel sorry for you really.

#16     Oct 21, 2008
  7. Well yeah, you're a bigot :)
    and we are too , in our way :)
    All good things come to an end.. just watch the next few years....and remember, easy on the bottle

#17     Oct 21, 2008
  8. Be prepared when I tell you I told you so. And you might need to increase the meds just a little bit more say a whole bottle at one time.

#18     Oct 21, 2008
  9. You won't. I have IQ 90 points on you , at least. I followed your postings for two days, you're not able to write one complete paragraph.

#19     Oct 21, 2008
  10. I haven't said that, but okay, for fun let's say they are.

Actually Obama's proposals are cheaper than McCain's proposals.

Years ago? The Bush administration is in power right now.

Actually my impression is that the off budget expenditures ('emergency appropriations') weren't so that people could live the American dream, but for the military with the end result being hundreds of thousands dead.

#20     Oct 21, 2008