Barkley Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by TraderSteve, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Hello everyone,

I'm a brand new member here and I am considering a career as a Proprietary Trader. I got a call from a firm called Barkley Trading to see if I'd be interested in working for them. I'm curious to know what sort of things anyone here has heard about them.

Also, are there any licenses/certifications necessary to be a Proprietary Trader? And if so, how long does it take to acquire these?

I'd appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks for your help!

Steve

2. STEVE! For his leading role as an uneducated, unsuspecting, naive, new member on Elite Trader.

Steve's performance is quite an achievement. Congratulations!!!

3. Hey Slick,

Tell me something, is this your way of being friendly or what? What's your problem with new people looking for a little advice?

By the way, my average monthly return is over 25% after factoring losses and fees. Not bad for a new guy. What's your rate of return?

4. I believe SR is implying you're a shill for Barkley.

riskarb

5. xbrxx

xbrxx

Why trade for someone else? With that rate of return, in a couple years you'll be a gazillionaire.

Heres why.... 25% a month. Lets say your starting off with a measly 10k. In a year you should have 10k*1.25^12 = 145519. Lets see how much you'll have in 10 years shall we? 10k*1.25^(12 months in a year*10 years=120 years)= wow... one huge number, Bill Gates watch out... TraderSteve is a couple years away from being your daddy.

Please don't throw around monthly returns, cuz they mean crap. You're probably not even trading 50k, so please keep those numbers to yourself. Just plain sad.

xbrxx

6. What's the deal with all of the advertising/recruiting cops on this board?

Who effin cares if people promote their wares on elitetrader?
    I am sure Baron does and I respect his efforts, but it's his concern who promotes on the board not forum members! It sounds like a bunch of tattletales on a playground.

Anyone ever consider that the question may be legitimate? I don't know much about Barkley, so do a search in the upper right hand corner and see what you can find.

7. Whoa, Nelly! Looks like I may have started a firestorm here.

Just so there's no misunderstanding, I'm not a shill for Barkley Trading. I've never worked for them in my life. SlickRick, sorry if I offended you.

xbrxx, you're right, I'm not trading $50k. And I know that if my account goes up to that level, I won't be able to trade the kind of stocks that give that kind of return. I was just making the point that I'm not losing money, which, to my understanding is what about 90% of beginners do.

Thanks to those who have sent me private messages, they've been very helpful. If anyone else has some info, I'd appreciate it.

Steve

8. Mecro

Mecro

Funny ass thread,

Steve are you papertrading or trading like a 1000 buck account.

9. IS Charles Barkley involved with this?

10. GSCO

GSCO

Look, if anyone here is a shill for barkley trading. It's me. I have a feeling Steve's inquiry is truly to gather information.

If you'll notice, there has been neither praise nor bashing of Barkley trading. No one has heard of us. Just so you all know we are legit and growing in Toronto and in the US. Toronto desks are almost gone and anyone who wants to come into the office is more than welcome. Just be sure to make an appointment and keep your bragging to a minimum.

We had one guy tell us he deserves a million BP with no risk capital, get serious. We don't hire, so telling us how good a trader you are is pointless.

Our office will only hear people who promote a positive trading atmosphere.

MAMA

#10     Mar 2, 2004