Barclays Global Head of Investment Banking Writes Tear-Stained Letter To Son’s School

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ASusilovic, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Hugh “Skip” McGee III is not happy. The former Lehman Brothers head of investment banking/current Barclays employee of the same title is specifically not happy with the hippies at The Kinkaid School. You see, kids, The Kinkaid School is an institution Skippy spends good money to send his children to and lately? The commune seems to be poisoning the McGees’ minds in a dangerous way. And to be honest, Skip has had it. He’s held his tongue ‘til now but not anymore. So what’s going to happen, is Skip is going to sit down and lose his shit in a letter to the school, demanding the dismissal of a whole buncha personnel, and come seriously close to giving himself a hernia. You wanna know why? Skip’s got three reasons:

1. The school made a bunch of high school boys very upset (not just upset, “humiliated”) when it wouldn’t let them dress in drag for a pep rally.

2. Something about “a gay female coach” (Skip’s original draft: “fucking dyke”) who The Skipper wants fired.

3. (The pièce de résistance:) History teacher Leslie Lovett should also be fired because she injects her ‘leftist invective’ in the curriculum and said mean, hurtful things about investment bankers, particularly those working for Lehman and Barclays, and made Skippy’s son cry. Luckily, Skip Jr. wiped his eyes, stood up to Ms. Lovett and said, you are wrong about my dad! He wanted to save Lehman. He wanted to save Lehman so bad!

[​IMG]

Skip is deadly serious about these charges (if his demands are not met he’s threatening to pull his third child out of the school and send her to another Houston prep school), so we strongly suggest you read the entire thing. We almost didn’t post this because it starts off kind of slow and we got distracted by other stuff. Then something, I don’t know what— the ghost of Dick Fuld, with whom the Skipper has some beef— told us to give it a second look. Thank god we did, or we would’ve missed gems like:

* “So this letter is about much more than a cancelled pep rally—it’s about taking back
    control of the Kinkaid School.”

* “Mr. Saltman finally appeared at the back of the theater and, pointing with his finger, yelled at the top of his lungs, ‘I told you not to do this! This pep rally is over!’”

* “I have never seen the air taken out of a room like that.”

* “My wife Susie spends time at the school nearly every day on something, and I have never seen her so mad at Kinkaid.”

* “The pep rally incident is just a symptom of a broader problem. As I said in the opening
    paragraph of this letter, this is not about a pep rally.”

* “Many are concerned about whether they can change schools - I am not, as I know St. Johns will take another McGee in a heartbeat.”

* “On behalf of the ‘silent majority,’ I tell you that this cancelled [sic] pep rally is the ‘tipping point’ for many families.”

http://dealbreaker.com/2009/11/barclays-global-head-of-invest.php#more

Oh boy, this guy has really too much leisure time left... :D

2. Uh...racking my brain to see why this shouldn't go into politics.