Barack Obama’s New Economic Team.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Nov 28, 2008.

1. .

December 16, 2009

SouthAmerica:

Barack Obama was elected last year on a platform calling for “Change” and here are a few suggestions to help him to start his changes.

Barack Obama is way overdue in making some changes to his economic team as follows:

1) He should replace ASAP Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner with Professor Joseph Stiglitz.

2) He should replace immediately Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke with Stephen Roach (Morgan Stanley)

My advice to Barack Obama: Pay more attention to what Paul Volcker has to say...

#21     Dec 16, 2009
  2. I would keep Chairman Ben Bernanke... He is a very smart guy ! The crisis was perfectly managed from the old perspective... So I think that he will be more than perfect for the future and he knows what it's mean when people are suffering. furthermore he really has to give back to the people... Peace for everyone !

my 2 cents...

#22     Dec 16, 2009
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Nothing is free, unless of course you steal it and get away with it..

#23     Dec 16, 2009
  4. money is like energy, right ? it never disapear only changed of pocket ?

#24     Dec 16, 2009
  5. People talk about the "free" healthcare they get from Medicare. What they fail to recognize is that the system is near bankruptcy. http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-05-28-federal-budget_N.htm
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120373015283387491.html

My neighbor is a doctor and he no longer accepts Medicare patients unless they have supplemental insurance (definitely not free). Otherwise he loses money on every Medicare patient.

There is no such thing as "free" healthcare.

#25     Dec 16, 2009
  6. Would that he would.

And I thought that we had a little slowed the party of Gold worshipers when we elected him.

#26     Dec 16, 2009
  7. Health care are very expensive for only one reason : It's because there is big cartel called the Order of Doctor... Their goal is to limit the maximum of student who can take medicine at university... If you don't trust me look at the rate of people who fail in medicine studies... It's higher than in any other field however all the classes are full^^

The Supply and Demand will say :

Less docs = more money !!! taattaaa

#27     Dec 17, 2009
  8. Not the only reason... also,

1. Lack of tort reform and a litigious society.

2. Medicare and Medicaid pay at such a low level, providers have to make up costs and profit margins on privately insured services.

Doctor greed is not the number one reason for the high cost of health care.

#28     Dec 17, 2009
  9. Mnphats

Mnphats

This is very much true.

Mayo Clinic is no longer is accepting new medicare patients and its the lefties that hold Mayo up as the standard. LOL!!!

#29     Dec 17, 2009
  10. ammo

ammo

bush/obama no change, more of the same http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/31234647/obamas_big_sellout/print

#30     Dec 17, 2009