Barack Obama, Mr. Empty Suit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Liberals can never really answer critics. They can bitch and call them names and divert blame but basically I'm not sure that even they know what they stand for really... this thread is pretty demonstrative of that fact..

Does anybody really think that Obama or the rest of his happy horsehit party has a clue how to fix the current mess? I'd say all he will do is exaggerate the crisis, throw a lot of money at it, and when it clears up he will take credit.. if it doesn't clear up he will blame the Republicans.. it's not complex for him really...

#11     Feb 1, 2009
  2. Mercor

Mercor

Obama has to protect himself ,liberal princples come second.
    There is no sucessful concept of running foriegn policy from a Liberal point view. If there is ,Obama is rightfully scared to death to try it.

#12     Feb 1, 2009
  3. And why does Mr. Warner ( an outspoken critic with all sorts of limey "pom-poms" ) have any credibility in your mind?

Why would you give any credit to some "piker" from the UK?
    Are you from the UK too?

The last time I checked, the UK was bankrupt and a year ago was only the 6th largest Economy in the world. Hell, CALIFORNIA is on the verge of BK and they're ranked #8 in the world.

Just think about that for a second, CALIFORNIA has nearly the same GDP as the UK.

Let's face it . . . The USA is still the greatest economic engine in the world. Politics aside, it will come out of this recession and once again prosper long before Europe and the UK does. In fact, I would suggest that Europe will most likely suffer some form of economic malaise for the next 10 years.

Here in the U.S., I'm no fan of the Obama/House stimulus package as it currently stands . . . and not particularly happy to see $75 million being spent on social programs like smoking cessation (how does that create jobs?), or $250 million spent on furniture (will it be even made in the USA?) for a new Homeland Security building in Washington, DC. ( Do we really need another Govt. building in DC? ).

It might take further de-leveraging and time, but make no mistake, the USA will once again prosper . . . especially if the Congress re-writes the tax code so that the interest expense on capital investment made by the manufacturing sector is able to be written-off IMMEDIATELY, instead of just financial firms and "Wall Street" being able to write-off interest. Lowering the corporate tax rate would also be most constructive.

In my mind, therein lies a BIG part of the problem.

:)

#13     Feb 1, 2009