Barack Obama is tearing this country apart.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fhl, Jul 17, 2009.

1. We killed millions of German and Japanese civilians and probably close to a million in Nam.

More Iraqi civilians died during the first Bush war than this one. (100k in a single night)

#21     Jul 17, 2009
  2. I'm more jaded than you are. You make an assumption that I'm for "hope and change" because I criticize what seems to me to be a Bush supprter.

Well, let me tell you something...

Both parties are full of shyte. Open your friggin eyes. As for "spreading democracy" and "freeing" people from tyranny - those are explanations you give to a five year old. You don't fall for that stuff do you?

If you told me that we needed to invade Iraq to make sure China or Russia didn't get to the oil fields before us, I may disagree with the reasons for war somehwat - but I would respect that.

But to tell me that we "liberated" Iraq and tried to find WMDs shows that you prefer the simplistic five year old explanation to geopolitics.

I respect the war mongering jingoist that is upfront about the reasons for war, more than the fool that believes 100% whatever crap is shoveled out in order to "sell" the war.

If I mischaracterized your beliefs - then I apologize. If not - well, if the shoe fits....

#22     Jul 17, 2009
  3. For all the hope and change that is supposed to be happening, the libs are certainly spending a lot of time worried about Bush even 6 months after the guy left office.

#23     Jul 17, 2009
  4. Very true.

But the GOP just can't bear to accept this fact. Moreover, currently there is ZERO leadership in the GOP . . . and most likely won't be for quite some time.

#24     Jul 17, 2009
  5. And yet, the GOP has their heads so far up their asses that they voted against the $106 billion dollar War Supplemental last month.

$90 billion of which went to War Funding and security operations in Pakistan, Iraq, and Mexico. Another $7.7 billion went towards the H1N1 flu pandemic.

And yet 173 REPUBLICANS voted against the War Funding Bill in the House last month. ( final vote: 226-202 )

So much for the GOP supporting the troops!
    :(

#25     Jul 17, 2009
  6. skylr33

skylr33

The millions of people killed in WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam wars were all engineered by "DEMOCRAT" presidents. How quickly these numbnut, liberal, douche bags are to forget that. LOL!!!!!!!!!
    But they want to scream that Bush is a killer. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then what does that make Wilson, Roosevelt, and LBJ???????? ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

#26     Jul 17, 2009
  7. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RpjsoC1F74o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RpjsoC1F74o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#27     Jul 17, 2009
  8. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJO1jFi3Hvo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJO1jFi3Hvo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#28     Jul 17, 2009
  9. fhl

fhl

If we went to get their oil, which you presumably think is the more sophisticated version of events, then why don't we have it? How come we didn't even make them use their own oil to rebuild their country? We not only didn't take it, but we payed for rebuilding their country ourselves. In view of these facts, it makes me wonder what's going on in the heads of people who peddle it.

And after seeing every foreign gov't plus clinton, gore, kerry, et al, tell us about the wmd and hussein's desire to use them, to watch the story change to 'bush and his cronies were the only ones to say it and they lied' is just beyond belief. If we're going to get into a discussion of the mental capabilities of people who believe that nonsense, i'd have to think that half wit might be a proper term.

#29     Jul 17, 2009
  10. The first thing we did when we invaded Iraq was to secure the oil fields - while their society collapsed. What does that tell you. As for the success in getting their oil - what do you think that billion dollar embassy is there for? It's the US Headquarters in the middle east to secure oil. It's a long term project.

I don't believe the Iraq war was a Bush thing anymore - neither do I believe the Balkan wars were a Clinton thing. Same with Obama's Afghanistan push. It's called encirclement. As we reach peak oil, there is a tremendous danger to our civilization if we lose our access to ME Oil. These policies are drawn up well before a president assumes office. The president merely carries these actions out.

Again, I claim allegiance to neither political party. Actually, let me qualify that. There is one real republican and one real democrat - Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich respectively. All the rest are whores.

You're still falling into the trap of thinking there is a difference between the parties when it comes to major issues. The "us" against "them," the "libtards" against the "right wing nutjobs." You still have a way to go in terms of political maturity.

I wish you a successful journey.

Or you can decide to ignore that journey and believe that Manuel Noriega was a horrible drug dealer, that the Albanians in Kosovo were hapless victims, and we really wanted to find those WMDs, oh wait, we wanted to "democratize" Iraq... what was the reason again? Is that Commie Obama gonna undo Bush's military legacy? LOL..... Once someone (is allowed to) make it to the White House - the major policies are already set.

#30     Jul 17, 2009