Barack Obama Floating Like A Butterfly

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

tell him yourself

#21     Sep 25, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

More or less foolish than supporting Obama? :p

#22     Sep 25, 2012
  3. Foolish and stupid are 2 different things.

#23     Sep 25, 2012
  4. wjk

wjk

All jesting aside, here's what I believe: The establishment Right will do anything to keep a conservative from the top of the ticket. That includes Rove and others who don't believe a conservative can win. Reagan proved them all wrong, because it was the same when he ran, yet they fear it more then a left wing president. Republicans are very good at one thing: snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

#24     Sep 25, 2012
  5. Their so good at it, I assume it's their prime directive.

#25     Sep 25, 2012
  6. Good comments. Not sure about the conservative portion, but understand that since the teaparty has pretty much made it impossible for the right to win again, after the fiasco of 2010.

If the GOP could ever get back to their roots, with real people, not just made up candidates, then we're back as a 2 party system IMO.

#26     Sep 25, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

2010, when so many democrats were thrown out on their ear?

#27     Sep 25, 2012
  8. wjk

wjk

Could you elaborate why you feel that way about the tea party (religion aside)? Why don't you consider them real people? They have real jobs. They actually clean up after themselves at rallies (unlike the piles of trash left by left wingers). Surely you haven't bought into the left wing and media all out smear, have you? You seem like an individual that gives matters considerable thought.

I don't belong to any political parties calling themselves the "Tea Party", however, I agree with some of their views, so I'd be curious if you consider me a real person (looking past the obvious point that our personas are just a pile of words and letters on a computer screen:)).

Reagan’s views on many fronts would have qualified him as a "Tea Partier". Listen to his speech on nationalized health care when he was still a Dem if you doubt me (1961). I hope you'll listen to the whole speech. The following link will also bring up many other great speeches by Reagan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYrlDlrLDSQ

#28     Sep 25, 2012
  9. :D :D :D

#29     Sep 25, 2012
  10. jem

jem

Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/us/politics/15poll.html?_r=0

Tea Party supporters are wealthier and more well-educated than the general public, and are no more or less afraid of falling into a lower socioeconomic class, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.

The 18 percent of Americans who identify themselves as Tea Party supporters tend to be Republican, white, male, married and older than 45.

They hold more conservative views on a range of issues than Republicans generally. They are also more likely to describe themselves as “very conservative” and President Obama as “very liberal.”

And while most Republicans say they are “dissatisfied” with Washington, Tea Party supporters are more likely to classify themselves as “angry.”...

#30     Sep 25, 2012