Barack Hussein Obama, The LGBT Christian

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Arnie Guitar, Mar 6, 2008.

1. "Without condemning the people who enage in it?" Are you serious? Don't ever lose that sense of humor.

Oh, and are you feeling "persecuted?" Am I being insufficiently tolerant of your intolerance?

As an aside, as a staight atheist, I find it endlessly amusing how more and more of the most vociferous "men of God" are being discovered to secretly engage in the very activities that they publicly denounce with considerable revulsion. Of course, they only then ask for forgiveness. The only question is for what? The activity itself, or being found out? In almost every way imaginable, religious zealots have a lock on hypocrisy.

#21     Mar 6, 2008
  2. maxpi

maxpi

the PC code is just marxist garbage placed in the area of sociology. It's Stalinist style repression of thought... there are lots of attempts to obscure the origins or make light of it but it's represson of thought........

Regarding what to follow from the Bible and what not, Aaron's priesthood was to follow the Levitical laws back in the day, that priesthood's authority was cancelled when Jesus died [Jews don't like that idea but whatever ]and the new testament is to be followed. Most followers of the new testament take the Levitical laws as advice afaik... If I could get the wife to retire to an encampment when she is pms'ing the kids would probably have better psychological framework going :D

What bothers me about Bible reading Christians as they exist in the US is that they don't do what the book of James says to do, to get together regularly and confess sins [lies believed].... there is huge, huge, benefit in that... done well it is constant exorcism, a lot of little stuff leaves a person doing that and occasionally some huge problems just have to vacate......... instead they intellectualize and discourse and get little of the benefits of their faith.

A really great read for anybody interested in ancient history as in Genesis is found in Flavius Josephus "Antiquities of the Jews", it's just great......... parallels between the new world order/ Christians and Cain/Abel are just made so clear, I'm just starting into the book, it's a pastime while I'm waiting for a backtest to get done......

#22     Mar 6, 2008
  3. Really? Judging by the periodic and ongoing revelations in the media, I thought that they only confessed when they got caught, and even then only if there is no more wiggle room remaining. Perhaps that's the new protocol, and you just didn't get the memo.

#23     Mar 6, 2008

4. I still don't understand what religion has to do with www.elitetrader.com, and trading in general or specific .....

I don't want to start a fuss budget campaign or response / reply tirade,,,,

but did you qualify what you consider yourself to be, using the same questions / qualifications?

I am guessing you're ..... (surprise)

#24     Mar 6, 2008
  5. There are forums for that here too, this is the Politics and Religion section.

Another rocket scientist...

#25     Mar 6, 2008
  6. Clearly you don't get it.

Let me put it this way. There is a speed limit on the highway. Is the government somehow condemning or attacking you by enacting a speed limit? Clearly not. It is just enacting a rule of conduct to protect society.

In the same way, religion has a list of prohibited items. If you do them anyway, you can seek forgiveness, which is where Jesus comes in, or you can take your chances.

As for religious hypocrites, they were not unknown in Biblical times. Clearly the media relish the opportunity to skewer them. I suppose that's human nature. I don't condone them in the slightest, but I note that a disgraced preacher might have still brought thousands of people to Christ. How many did the journalist who so enjoys the preacher's shame bring?

#26     Mar 6, 2008
  7. so if benny hinn steals money from desperate people in the name of jesus it is a good thing as long as he gives them a taste of jesus?

#27     Mar 6, 2008
  8. Exactly. No vow of poverty there, eh?

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." (Matthew 19:24)

Hmm. It seems that some of these preachers are righteously selfless, amassing riches and thereby sullying themselves, in order that their then impoverished congregations could know the glory of god. "Send in those checks (so that I may buy mansions and Bentleys. Like Jesus, I will sacrifice myself) so that you may be saved."

#28     Mar 6, 2008
  9. And so the self-serving hypocrite is to be glorified while the people who exposed him are pariahs?

#29     Mar 6, 2008
  10. Cutten

Cutten

Wow, a real bible literalist. I thought they died out in the dark ages. Good luck trying to convince the other 2-3 billion fornicating, beer and wine-swilling Christians around the world to live virtuously according to the precepts of the old testament. Otherwise you and your 5 red state fundamentalist buddies might have to stone them to death.

#30     Mar 6, 2008