Barack Hussein Obama, The LGBT Christian

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Arnie Guitar, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Didn't everyone get the memo about Moses, the commandments, and the bible?

High on Mount Sinai?

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - The biblical Israelites may have been high on a hallucinogenic plant when Moses brought the Ten Commandments down from Mount Sinai, according to a new study by an Israeli psychology professor.

Writing in the British journal Time and Mind, Benny Shanon of Jerusalem's Hebrew University said two plants in the Sinai desert contain the same psychoactive molecules as those found in plants from which the powerful Amazonian hallucinogenic brew ayahuasca is prepared.

full story.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSN0444950920080305

c

#11     Mar 6, 2008
  2. maxpi

maxpi

Obama is a black Jimmy Carter... claims he's Christian, is in the political party that supports gay krap, nothing new here. Scripture is abundantly clear and even says that "people that condone gay stuff are not part of the kingdom of heaven" [my paraphrase], Democrats are more than condoning, they are promoting the stuff....... so...... there's Christians and there's politicians that want Christians votes........

Political correctness has gotten the hate crime thingy to the level where you can't say that gay sex is unhealthy/unnatural in California, but the Castro district in San Francisco has the beginnings of what could be an epidemic of flesh eating bacteria, 1 in 550 gays there have something eating at their ass for real. The AIDS epidemic actually strengthened the gay movement, they had something to rally around and they could play the victims and get sympathy on daytime talk shows and die slowly right in front of our eyes, such drama...... but flesh eating bacteria is another story, it's fast acting, maybe they won't be able to get by with the sympathy stuff because that stuff can spread by simple contact with things.... little kids can get it, it's the same stuff that people get from hospitals and from food handled by infected kitchen staffers, etc... given enough time and culturing by the gay community the thing will build drug immunity, maybe it will be the tipping point for the gay movement's demise and the demise of political correctness as well..........

#12     Mar 6, 2008
  3. Once again, elementary principals are at work.

a. Our righteousness is not of ourselves, it is of Christ. The things we (self) does, has no bearing on our being righteous.

b. When we say that a sin is a sin, it does not judge others. If the mere judging of a particular activity to be wrong is a summary judgement of others, then it is also wrong when atheists do it, and hypocritical to say it only applies to believers.

#13     Mar 6, 2008
  4. Oh man, mankind determining what a sin is to begin with is self-righteous and un-educated. Merely following a doctrine set down by a belief system, is, at best, foolish, and worst, very harmful. From the Crusades to the invasions of the Western Hemisphere to convert, by any means necessary, the local inhabitants. In the name of Jesus. Not exactly what my definition of what Jesus would want done in his name.

c

#14     Mar 6, 2008
  5. And what about stoning? Are the scriptures not clear about the essentials of stoning as well?

#15     Mar 6, 2008
  6. i would say jimmy carter is one of the better christians in america. he now spends all his time and money helping poor people.

Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments." "Which ones?" the man inquired. Jesus replied, " `Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,' and `love your neighbor as yourself.'" "All these I have kept," the young man said. "What do I still lack?" Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." "

#16     Mar 6, 2008
  7. Indeed. And I don't remember him wearing his bible on his sleeve, like so many self-righteous zealots do while helping no one.

#17     Mar 6, 2008
  8. Humpy

Humpy

Every group needs principles to live by to have a chance of success. Just the same in Biblical times only people were just beginning to try and formulate the principles. The Bible is a hotch-potch of stories, probably repeated over thousands of camp fires of an evening.
    Transgressors of these principles had to be punished. Well if you haven't got a jailhouse handy, I suppose stones had to suffice. There were always plenty of those to hand.
    So I don't think it wise to take the stories too literally - more the general principles. Philosophy has had a lot of time to move on a bit.

#18     Mar 6, 2008
  9. hughb

hughb

The stoning part is pretty clear, no ambiguity there. If you commit adultery you are to be stoned to death. It's a Levitical law just like no two dudes can get it on together.

But one of the things about Levitical law that I'm having trouble with is sacrafices. It tells me to splatter the bulls blood around like six or seven times before I burn it. And then when I burn it the neighbors are always calling the cops to complain about the smell. I just tell them "THE BIBLE IS CLEAR", Jehova find the smell of burning bulls to be pleasant.

Maybe Mr. Guitar here can lead us to salvation and tell us which parts of the bible we are to obey and which parts we are to disregard.

#19     Mar 6, 2008
  10. Very well stated. You not only understand Scripture but also the value of brevity.

Your second point is very poorly understood by non-believers. They cannot comprehend how one can say an activity is sinful without condemning the people who engage in it.

Ironically, the people who complain the loudest about "judgmental" Christians see no problem in persecuting anyone who runs afoul of their PC code.

#20     Mar 6, 2008