Bar for traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by xiangfin, Apr 23, 2006.

1. That's a fraternity reunion.

#31     Apr 27, 2006
  2. in London try Sterling bar in the Swiss Re tower, or Jamies on Bishopsgate - all popular trader haunts in the financial district

#32     Apr 27, 2006
  3. stktrdr

stktrdr

Don't forget Dirty Dicks opposite 135 Bishopsgate.

#33     Apr 27, 2006
  4. #34     Apr 27, 2006
  5. stktrdr

stktrdr

Back in the day when it used to close at 9pm, we'd wobble round the corner to William's until 11pm, then perhaps this dive of Chinese place called the "Eat and Drink", where fights used to breakout between FX brokers.....

Ah, those were the dayz....

#35     Apr 27, 2006
  6. just21

just21

Do you have to book for the bar in the gherkin like the bar at the top of tower 42/natwest tower? I heard thre was a two week waiting list to get in at the height of dotcom madness.

#36     Apr 27, 2006
  7. not that I'm aware of - at least, whenever i've wandered across the road from 155 after a good/bad day i'd always been able to walk straight in - its in the bottom of the gherkin round the back if that makes any difference. I've never been there really late tho, dunno what its like in the evenings.

What do you know about the one at the top of tower 42? never been there. I guess thats where the traders from stinkers place, Elite Derivatives hang out, assuming they can get in :D

#37     Apr 27, 2006