Bar for traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by xiangfin, Apr 23, 2006.

1. From a 12 year veteran Bartender. It's all I'm good for. In NYC.

PJ Clarks' , Jonnie's Fish grill and the 10th floor bar at the NYMEX all located at 1 North end Ave by the NYMEX.

#21     Apr 25, 2006
  2. Do you work in Jersey City or just drink there :) ?

#22     Apr 25, 2006
  3. I work in Jersey City, the 525 Washington Building. Dorrians really is the only place to grab a drink in that area. Havent tried South City Grill for happy hour yet, it may be worth a shot sometime.

#23     Apr 25, 2006
  4. Do you work at Knight? I interned there last summer and will be again this summer

#24     Apr 25, 2006
  5. Ebo

Ebo

I am sure you meant nothing by it, but why would anybody reveal what company they worked for on this board?

Try using common sense or PM's!

#25     Apr 25, 2006
  6. sorry good point

#26     Apr 25, 2006
  7. In Chicago, across from the CBOE (and Chicago Stock Exchange). Very near the CBOT and down the street from CME.

Alcock's. Once a month they have "dancers" from around the states perform on the bar.

Traders do hang out there, although, if I had a bar, I would not name it Alcock's. It would be "all - different genitalia".

#27     Apr 26, 2006
  8. Alcock's is definitely the place to hang after the markets close. Great community there.
    http://www.alcocks.com/

#28     Apr 26, 2006
  9. I suppose that another thing you might want to know about a trader's bar is when it Opens and Closes, as well as when or what its High and Low points are during the day, so that you can better time your visit or entry.

Yes, I'm bored.

#29     Apr 26, 2006
  10. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

BWAHAHAHA!!

Nice joke guys. Clearly there is a good reason why it is called Alcocks. Its a bar for chutney ferrets!

Take a look:

http://www.alcocks.com/phikappatheta1.htm

Not a girl insight! Most of them have moustaches and shaved heads - dead give-away

Why not just goahead and call it All cocks?

#30     Apr 26, 2006