BAR BY BAR -- Al Brooks

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Swan Noir, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Brooks went to a "bar by bar" excursion. LOL :D

#51     Aug 24, 2009
  2. He said it took time away from studying and trading.
    I'd say he's being honest.

#52     Aug 24, 2009
  3. GiantDog

GiantDog

brooks price action dot com is a site with Al's stuff on it. You have to register. Appears it is going to be a subscription site eventually.

#53     Aug 24, 2009
  4. Correct. The site was closed for a bit, and then restarted about a week ago, at the urgings of a group of traders interested in his stuff. Also, one of these folks volunteered to rework the website and is also handling the administrative duties for him.

It probably will evolve into some kind of subscription service for those wanting to receive his EOD analyses, but it should also continue to provide a free forum where like-minded people can discuss his methods.

#54     Aug 24, 2009
  5. "I am not a CTA and therefore need to restrict what I publish on this site. Otherwise, I would have to become a CTA and this is against my minimalistic approach to life. I called the NFA and asked what my limitations are and they told me that I cannot make trade recommendations, I cannot discuss my trades or trading results, and I cannot answer specific questions about particular trades that anyone has taken or contemplates taking."

The same familiar route that all these guru wannabes take. Wonder how long this one will last?

#55     Aug 24, 2009
  6. Thanks for the new info!
    I'm happily registered.

#56     Aug 24, 2009
  7. Hey can you provide the link?

Thanks

#57     Aug 24, 2009
  8. #58     Aug 24, 2009
  9. Mach4-1

Mach4-1

[​IMG]

Surely you guys are not serious

[​IMG]

From what I can see this is more like Alice In Wonderland stuff

[​IMG]

Bases, rectangles, volume, flags, etc, etc. etc can be found in all the normal rubbish trading books as well. When are you lot going to understand what being a trader is really all about and stop acting like little children praising your school teachers when you sit at the dinner table in the evening time

[​IMG]

No wonder so many keep throwing away money

[​IMG]

#59     Sep 4, 2009
  10. guru's don't do backtests :D

They can't help it :cool: The unexperienced will always think reading a book can make you rich. Holy grail, here I come! Just $50! :p

#60     Sep 4, 2009