BAR BY BAR -- Al Brooks

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Swan Noir, Jun 24, 2009.

1. PCanyon

PCanyon

Has anyone noticed how often the bars are misnumbered in Brooks' book? It really gets annoying.

#31     Jul 26, 2009
  2. The book was clearly never properly edited (or maybe never edited at all) and it shows throughout. This presentation forces the reader to spend three or four times as many hours with the information than is reasonable.

That said, there is valuable information.

#32     Jul 26, 2009
  3. Yes. The numbers sometimes are found in between two bars.

Some charts are practically unintelligible.

#33     Jul 26, 2009
  4. Just purchased Technical Analysis of Stock Trends by Edwards and Magee at abebooks.com....$16.95 -- used but still a nice price.

I am also considering Suri Duddella's Trading Chart Patterns Like The Pros. The reviews seem great and they stress that he is specific as to entries and exists and clearly shows you each pattern.

Will I be just duplicating the info I get from Edwards & Magee or does this book bring something more or different to the table.

Thanks

#34     Jul 29, 2009
  5. gaj

gaj

suri's book = more than magee/edwards. magee/edwards was groundbreaking...for its time. and TA had to be explained from the ground up.

many more setups are included because suri basically shows the setup, with a brief explanation.

#35     Jul 30, 2009
  6. Thanks guys. I think I will by the book. The good ones pay more than for themselves in a single trade.

I am just trying to avoid spending on crap.

#36     Jul 30, 2009
  7. #37     Aug 2, 2009
  8. Many thanks for the heads up. My eyes are strained from dealing with the book's charts

#38     Aug 2, 2009
  9. Yep, the downloadable enlarged charts are a positive development, provided one doesn't mind reading at the computer desk :)

#39     Aug 2, 2009
  10. PCanyon

PCanyon

Thanks for Brooks' blog info. Overall, I think the book has a lot of value. As someone else mentioned, his "barbed wire" discussions alond might be worth the price. Additionally, I think the H1 and H2 patterns are also worth studying.

#40     Aug 9, 2009