BAR BY BAR -- Al Brooks

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Swan Noir, Jun 24, 2009.

1. I've been concentrating on the Trend Bar on Gap Open and Gap Opentings:Reversals and Continuations.
    Page 302.
    Wonderful stuff.

#21     Jul 22, 2009
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

plenty of real chart examples, click on 2007 link http://patterntrading.blogspot.com/

#22     Jul 23, 2009
  3. I thank all of you who have been helpful to me by posting. I have ordered TECHNICAL ANALYSIS of STOCK TRENDS. I am only trading futures but I assume the patterns are identical.

To the one or two that can not live without sarcasm, I send my condolences.

#23     Jul 23, 2009
  4. mxjones

mxjones

I am not saying the content of this book is bad, but I am saying the writing is terrible. Al uses 30 words when only 5 are called for, and it needs to be organized in a more coherent manner. He talks about stuff in early chapters that he doesn't explain until later chapters, and it takes a lot of work to figure out WTF.

You would think his publisher would have paired him with a capable editor, but it appears not. You need to spend a lot of time with this book, but not because it is complex or "for seasoned traders"....because it is convoluted and you have to work to figure out the point he is trying to make.

#24     Jul 23, 2009
  5. Right--the writing is not great. The organization is even worse.

The explanation of the High 1, Low 1, High 2 concept , etc--just painful.

#25     Jul 23, 2009
  6. slacker

slacker

http://tv.ino.com/free/

INO has hundreds of seminar videos over about 15 years. Some are terrible quality. Look up Larry Williams, Linda Bradford Raschke, Ryan Jones (risk mgmt), then come back to ET and search to find counterpoint arguments for their philosophy. Raschke has about 10 hours of seminars on INO and she charges $400 at TraderExpo for essentially the same talk. Dive into the videos and get up to speed much faster than a single book. I have about 10 gigs of videos on my iphone and desktop that I watch again and again. There is also a 3 day seminar by Mark Fisher on the web that is great.

Good luck,

#26     Jul 23, 2009
  7. Upload the 10 GB of content so we can check it out :D

#27     Jul 23, 2009
  8. Once I've read this book a couple of times, I'm going to try to simplify some of the concepts and post them up here. The ideas he presents are very applicable and valid; they just need to be written using simpler terms.

#28     Jul 23, 2009
  9. slacker

slacker

#29     Jul 23, 2009
  10. The reality is that you have to rewrite and edit this book in your mind (or in your notes) as you read it because much of it is borderline (maybe even past the line) incomprehensible.

A dozen or so entry points spelled out with prices would help the reader focus on the setups more easily. A big name publisher like Willey should never distribute a book with those charts. I could go on and on. For those of you who have little patience for badly written material you must give this book a pass. Yet if you are willing to wade through it it is certainly worth the read.

#30     Jul 23, 2009