BAR BY BAR -- Al Brooks

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Swan Noir, Jun 24, 2009.

1. speedo

speedo

You and other poseurs, narcissists and other assorted fools are why I don't post on these moronic sites......Total waste of time. BTW I joined elite trader in 2003 when like many people in here, in frustration was looking for answers....the only answer is countless hours of chart time, developing and testing a tradeplan based on those observations and then trading that plan with discipline, focus, patience and courage.....don't waste your time paying attention to flamers and board fools

#11     Jul 19, 2009
    dartmus likes this.
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

#12     Jul 19, 2009
  3. Eight

Eight

The book talks about trendlines, previous highs, etc.. I can't wait for it... and the real story topper.... drumroll... candlesticks.... wow, I won't need any coffee until that Amazon shipment arrives... I'll not sleep a wink....

#13     Jul 19, 2009
  4. gaj

gaj

i haven't finished reading brooks' book, but what i've read is excellent.

one minor quibble; his ideas don't always follow a clear, consistent order. but there's lots of real good information in it.

another good price action book is chick (?) goslins

#14     Jul 19, 2009
  5. #15     Jul 19, 2009
  6. speedo

speedo

gaj...yes Goslin has made and lost fortunes but knows the game. I have used the 3-10 occilator and it can be a good tool in the right tradeplan....Raschke uses the same MACD

#16     Jul 19, 2009
  7. +1 for Al Brook's book. Not written for newbies, but the book makes some excellent points. Is it the end all be all? Of course not! But it's a great resource if you're already half way decent at reading price charts.

#17     Jul 19, 2009
  8. Btw, just the chapter on Barb Wire could save you a lot of $$$ in losses.

#18     Jul 20, 2009
  9. Time to click on the ignore button.

#19     Jul 22, 2009
  10. No, he does discuss price action and actually criticizes those who look at individual bars out of context. His smackdown of "candle worshippers" is spot on.

The book is not without flaws, but it is one of the very few out there on day trading that are worth reading. The book is definitely for advanced traders, not for beginners.

#20     Jul 22, 2009