Bar brawls are presidential business

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Seriously, the guy's been in detention for two weeks in frigging Sweden and people are freaking out?

Now POTUS has his in nose in this clearly pandering, because no serious person would waste time worrying over this..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1031571
    Rapper ASAP Rocky will remain in Swedish custody after fight
    A court granted the Swedish prosecutor's request to continue detaining the American rapper while police complete their investigation into the June 30 brawl.

President Trump discussed Rocky’s situation Friday morning in the Oval Office, according to a White House pool report, and later tweeted that he had spoken to West about Rocky’s situation. “I will be calling the very talented Prime Minister of Sweden to see what we can do about helping A$AP Rocky,” he wrote. “So many people would like to see this quickly resolved!”

2. Send him back!

3. elderado

elderado

Did you watch the video?

4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Where you as outraged when Trayvon confronted his follower?

5. I agree that getting into a mutual fight is no cause for 6 to 10 days in prison without bail to investigate so Sweden is being kind of anally fucktarded but:

"The announcement followed calls from reality television star Kim Kardashian West, British singer Rod Stewart and many other prominent figures that Sweden free the American rapper."

I cannot wait until some leader calls our President after one of their citizens is arrested for something haha.

6. Cuddles

Cuddles

c'mon now...how long are you held for assault in your city? For the record, I thought the little shits were being dumb, but as far as I know it's not illegal to follow anyone on public spaces. The ganging up on the kid did not help their case I bet (there's video of 3 of the guys beating on him while on the floor).

7. No I agree the arrest and imprisonment is quite an overreaction, especially coming from Sweden.
    No I agree 100%, the arrest and detainment seem way out of line, with what happened in a fight, but it should go no higher than the local embassy. Any other American we would never hear about such treatment but Kanye West and Rod Stewart call a President haha. Maybe call the State Dept and have the embassy handle it which is their job.

8. Cuddles

Cuddles

I guess I'm saying the opposite; 2 wks for assault doesn't seem out of line. Granted, a sentence hasn't been issued, I just don't think it's enough time to be alarmed, given the conditions of the Swedish prison system.

9. Ahh ok understood. Yes.

10. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/20/donald-trump-will-guarantee-bail-asap-rocky/#comments

Donald Trump: I'll Guarantee Bail for A$AP Rocky

Well this is a twist ... Donald Trump just said he's personally guaranteeing bail for A$AP Rocky if Swedish authorities release him ... meaning the President would be on the hook if Rocky skips out.

It's a bizarre turn in the case. Trump just tweeted, "Just had a very good call with @SwedishPM Stefan Lofven who assured me that American citizen A$AP Rocky will be treated fairly. Likewise, I assured him that A$AP was not a flight risk and offered to personally vouch for his bail ..."

[​IMG]

Trump didn't use the word, but it sounds like he's saying he's willing to become a guarantor on Rocky's bail application.

As we reported, a judge ruled Friday A$AP is a flight risk and therefore can't be let out of jail while the case grinds on.

So, he's now spoken to the Swedish Prime Minister who really promised nothing ... especially if he views what's going on as fair. As we reported, A$AP has been jailed for more than 2 weeks and not a single criminal charge has been filed against him. Prosecutors say they need another week to investigate -- even though any lawyer out of school for a year could process this one quickly, since there's video -- and they convinced a judge to hold Rocky in custody while they figure it out.

And, by the way, prosecutors blew it by sending out a press release saying they plan to indict him ... so why the charade of pretending the investigation is continuing? When we contacted them they told us they mistakenly put that info in the press release and then removed it. The mistake was clearly just that they played their hand.

The reality is this ... Trump and his State Dept. have already made a full court press to get Rocky out and it fell on deaf ears. Good that he's trying, but Swedish authorities up to this point have been immovable.

As we reported, Kanye called Trump Friday and made a plea for the President to get involved.

Rocky faces 6 years in prison if he's charged and convicted of assaulting a man who assaulted him first.

#10     Jul 20, 2019