Banned from a specific forum...? (Programming/Modulus)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Random.Capital, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Absolutely not. We don't allow sponsors to be moderators.

#21     Mar 8, 2012
  2. TRS

TRS

#22     Mar 8, 2012
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

What you're missing is that any moderation must be done through me. They can make a request to have a post deleted, or have a user banned, but ultimately I'm the one that has to approve it and actually take the action. I don't approve all requests.

#23     Mar 8, 2012
  4. TRS

TRS

Understood, it's your site.

#24     Mar 8, 2012
  5. You guys are missing the point. Richard Gardner and Modulus are not some Tim Sykes like character or two bit shill. Gardner and Modulus have been around since 1995 and is a known name in the trading community. These guys work with the investment banks, the big brokers and the funds.

Here comes Random Capital who throws in his two bits about some financial program he dreamt up while on the pot...yeah, of course he is going to be ejected. Thats like me showing up to the Giants game with a football and insisting that I play on the field alongside the team. Come on! Im going to get thrown out and Random Capital was tossed to the curb in that same respect.

Baron gave two reasons why Modulus has his own forum. First, they are a known and well respected name. Second, they paid to be here. Even if Random Capital came up with some cash I dont think he would be placed on this site because he isnt as known or respected as Modulus.

#25     Mar 8, 2012
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

As I said, RC didn't mention software and only showed up when the sponsor dude became overbearing which turns out to be his right as a sponsor.

There are adult schools that can help with your reading comprehension problem.

#26     Mar 9, 2012
  7. I reviewed the Programming forum. My expectation was to find Modulus dominating that forum per this thread. However, I found that Modulus hasnt made any posts in over a week. Surely, I was disappointed because of my respect for their work and was hoping they were leaving behind some nuggets.

I also looked through the rest of that forum. I found that others were using it as a classified section along with the typical ET banter. Wait a second, that forum isnt really that tightly moderated. Im guessing that Random Capital probably posted some inappropriate material in there and so he got booted.

#27     Mar 9, 2012
  8. Great, here come the sock puppets.

What exactly am I shilling? I have never offered any service or product here, and never will.

Modulus was being a playground bully. I jumped in. Modulus couldn't handle it and left the playground, locking the gate behind him.

End of story.

If that's how Baron wants the forum run, well, that's his prerogative. His site, his rules.

ETA: 377's history of what actually happened I consider pretty fair and accurate.

#28     Mar 11, 2012