Bannable offenses --stolen valor

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by destriero, Aug 1, 2018.

1. destriero

destriero

At some point there has to be a limit on BS in the threads outside of P&R. I would think that an obvious case of stolen valor by @vanzandt qualifies. The guy mistakenly uses the NCO-rank of "E-4" to denote someone as a washout in an attempt to dox RRY16:

E-4 washout vanzandt.png

He then double-downed on his disrespect for our Armed Forces by posting the following, editing the post by deleting all of the text, but not before El OchoCinco cut and pasted it and I screen-grabbed it. vanzandt then edited the post again to add-back the full text:

e-4 vanzandt.png

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  2. dozu888

dozu888

guys - are we in 2nd grade...

CSEtrader, tm689, Baron and 1 other person like this.
  3. 33-rd degree

4. southall

southall

Now that you have brought up the subject of Bannable offenses, you often tell people (me included) to 'GFY' (short i presume for Go Fuck Yourself) in your posts, then you delete that bit of your post a few minutes later, so the mods don't see it. That kind of behaviour should be worth a ban.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  5. If you are in a trading forum and have not been told to GFY at least once by somebody then you are not a very active poster....

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

First of all, the thread you are referring has been deleted. The whole point of the Hook Up forum is to connect with traders in your local area, not find traders of a certain race. So the entire premise of that thread is absolutely not approved.

Furthermore, I found about 75% of the comments in that thread to be off-topic, childish and inappropriate. You guys need to tighten up because that level of behavior won't be tolerated. I give you guys a lot of leeway, quite a bit more than other sites do. But if you're just going to abuse each other and then try to get each other banned via complaints, then I can tell you it won't end pretty because this is about the last thing I want to spend my day dealing with.

7. Hey SH, whats up. Hey D whats up. No a big fan of that kind of profanity, especially when directed at someone, but, it is a trading board, and not an "Anne Of Green Gables" discussion board. However, and this is in case D is doing this, I don't know, but just in case, "D cut it out" you are way to smart to let yourself be dragged into the muck like that.

In case D hasn't done this, excuse my ignorance, and I'm sorry. Now it does seem that a lot of people don't like D and are making comments just to either bait him or start something so that HE gets in trouble. So to those who are doing this, cut it out.

Speaking of stolen valor, what about people who claim to have Cancer but don't, or Autism but don't, etc. I have lost friends and relatives to Cancer, and have others whose children are Autistic. I find THAT, far worse than any cursing out that D hands to his detractors here. When you watch someone take their last breath, and you are holding their hand, it becomes even more egregious.

But in reality, scammers gonna scam. How can you tell a scammer, if they don't know how the Market they are trading in works, or they freak out when asked a simple question regarding like, ohhh I don't know, maybe Volume. o_O

Oh by the way, D in your days in Chitown, ever run into Jim O'Connell? Just wondering

The Ever Mr Morden VIPER

destriero likes this.
  8. destriero

destriero

vanzandt is an anonymous coward that professes to know everyone. He alludes to doxxing RRY in stating that RRY washed-out of the mil and the clown @vanzandt reps that he's former military and doesn't know that E-4 is the first NCO rank. The "Swami" BS alone should be cause for his nick to be deleted. The "E-4" comments should not be tolerated, but obviously Baron owes me nothing.

I and others try to offer color to a niche but there will always be ignorant assholes who have to insert themselves where they (VZ) have zero knowledge or experience; under the guise of "defending" another anonymous nick. I am not defending RRY16--I am outing blatant stolen valor cowardice.

Re: Xela Warrior Princess and handle123. I lost both parents to cancer and worked in the field in grad school. I can immediately spot BS with regards to treatment modalities. Radiology is used in 6-8% of HL patients; and that's in targeted thoracic tumors. It was clear that Xela's sockpuppets bit off more than they could chew. handle123 and his *8* distinct cancer diagnoses. C'mon, really? You let that go? The Munchausen's behavior on a trading forum? ET has a trade-psych forum, so how about an abnormal psych forum?

WTF does ANY of this have to do with a trading board? Where were the mods when the racist "Hook Up" thread was flagged? Magna is on here 24/7... beginning to suspect that he's a sentient bot. ;)

As I stated yesterday--I have no intention of becoming active on ET again.

9. destriero

destriero

UBS guy? I know a Jim O'Connell at UBS, but only because I had a neighbor "Kat" from fixed income sales/trading. She lives on Sedgwick.

10. destriero

destriero

I'll admit that I have edited out the GFY in one of my responses to you. This was after you'd spent time stalking my nick and responding to an old post about my kid's exaggerated youtube income. I was relying on HIS recollection of his income and it was BS, but I don't control those purse-strings as the account is in his mom's name. He makes (made) a nice living wage from his gaming channel. I think he was excited as any kid would be and extrapolated his growth numbers. He's a Twitch streamer now.

You want to stalk then you get what you paid for. Like the time you stated that you were going to quadruple your account in a year. That kind of BS.

#10     Aug 2, 2018