Banks set to get an extra 1.5 Trillion. OMFG

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by oktiri, Feb 8, 2009.

1. W did his number on the Republican party, unfortunately.

It used to stand for low taxes & less gov't.

Dr. Ron Paul was the best candidate for the job; Obama #2.

Happy trading this week, fellas!
    :)

#11     Feb 8, 2009
  2. Illum

Illum

They will not get another 1.5 trillion lmfao. I don't care what this clown says they need, not gonna happen. They will gut these insolvent leeches. There is no other way.

#12     Feb 8, 2009
  3. dinoman

dinoman

Sure they will!

Just wait for the the words... Catastrophic, Bank Runs, Total Unrest, We won't do it again, We will hold them accountable, on and on.

#13     Feb 8, 2009
  4. LOL, pretty obvious, isn't it?

#14     Feb 8, 2009
  5. some good info in this thread. lots of bluster & BS too.

just rated 5 stars solely for traden4alpha's response. His is the thoughful and likely pragmatic solution, although I personally think a sudden and violent deleveraging might be better for the economy (not to mention more satisfying for the moralist), as it would get us in a place where we can start the cycle again sooner.

I guess I'll just take this extra time to jam some more paychecks in the bank and wait for the pain-front to creep to my doorstep.

#15     Feb 8, 2009
  6. Illum

Illum

See this article in the WSJ? They want private investors and will stop loss them. Are they insane? None of this debt is worth anything. If we stop loss them we will bankrupt our nation. For what? so a few of these banks can carry on? We dont need these bad banks. This is madness, bordering on treason. lol, I am in awe.

#16     Feb 8, 2009
  7. If there is anything close to another trillion+ dollars thrown at banks, it is my hope and expectation that everyday Americans will rise up, and make it their mission to recall each and every politician that enables such a fool's errand.

#17     Feb 8, 2009
  8. kxvid

kxvid

All these bailouts and stimulus is at the limits of what the money supply can absorb already. Another trillion isn't just another trillion when it's the second or third. The 700bn bailout alone is the words of Carl Ichan is "inflationary as hell". What about the stimulus, and another bank bailout bill? That's all I'm going to write now I need to go bar the door.

#18     Feb 9, 2009
  9. Lets be very specific......The Foriegn Privately Held Banking Cartels (who just happen to OWN the FED). :mad:

BTW, the money supply in the U.S. is doubling every six weeks now.....COOL! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auyVyFnOEvQ&feature=related

#19     Feb 9, 2009
  10. Illum

Illum

If we assume the downside as taxpayers, and the hedgefunds get the upside.... How does this make any sense? Im short BAC, not very concerned, I shorted at close Friday. I can cover these up and move on. But this really makes zero sense. Are they trying to do the MER to hedgefund deal? This is financial suicide. Can they even get away with .20 and keep BAC or C alive? Probably not, so they pay 50 cents on the dollar? The taxpayer is gonna get creamed. And why, is what boggles me. Why destroy our nations finances over BAC and C? I am confused.

Im not sure I believe the WSJ. This would ruin Obama in his first month. He would never do this. Hmmm

Anyway, Geitner has no idea what he is doing. This thing changes daily. Guy is semi-retarded.

#20     Feb 9, 2009