Bankruptcy trend among small firms stuns lenders

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Imbecile ... your entire freakin' point was that it was irresponsible to open a business unless you had the cash or a guarantee to cover the ENTIRE TERM OF THE LEASE. Don't you get what people are saying to you? Don't you understand that your prior posts are here for them to read?

You keep trying to justify your inane/insane original viewpoint by lurching toward something a bit (but only a bit) more rational. If you want to defend your viewpoint go back and read what you said and defend it. But to do what you are doing is truly intellectually dishonest.

Have the balls to defend the words you actually wrote or else shut up. Your method of debate is pitiful and childish.

#81     Oct 29, 2009
  2. No - my point is that if they had 74 months or 84 months is no different than having 1 month if you don't know if you can bring in enough revenue to sustain the store.

#82     Oct 30, 2009
  3. No - you need to re-read my posts, you only got half of it. You should have enough money to cover all your commitments. PERIOD. You bet your ass you should have a guaranteed amount of cash-flow to maintain a going concern. Jesus christ man, chill the hell out and use your head. This is all common sense.

money in >> money out == successful business

if your amount coming in starts to dwindle YOU BETTER FUCKING HAVE A PLAN TO FIX IT. PERIOD.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE FORESIGHT TO AVOID THE FALL YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE IN BUSINESS. As such the market will remove you soon enough.

#83     Oct 30, 2009
  4. That is simply not what you said. I have already posted your quotes. No need to do it again.

#84     Oct 30, 2009
  5. Gotcha, but I still don't think most businesses, especially new businesses, can know their revenue that far in advance, I know I couldn't. I still don't KNOW what I'll make over the next few years but now I have the basis of many years to go on to base my projections. And believe me they don't always work out. I think your premise is wrong, there are many unknowns in business and many risks. What you know now isn't always what comes to be.

#85     Oct 30, 2009

6. That is exactly what I said. Perhaps you need to reread my posts in order. The only reason you could think that isn't what I said is if you pick-and-choose which parts of my posts to read.

#86     Oct 30, 2009
  7. The people on the other side from me in this thread's discussion say over and over things like "it's not the business owner's fault" and "no one could have see this[failure, bad economy] coming".

I think you miss one important thing in your analysis that new businesses can't see this coming. A new business is expected to face failure multiple times, even if ultimately successful. My business has on a number of occasions. My point through all of this banter is that not enough of these small businesses have contingencies if significant changes happen to their model. If you're a retail store that sells electronics, are you prepared to sell sporting goods, food, etc. in order to keep your revenue streams? Perhaps an extreme example. I have a friend that owns an online retailer and he's constantly adding new vendors when he detects his existing product lines are declining in throughput.

#87     Oct 30, 2009
  8. Come back in 10 to 15 years and then educate us on how business works. I'll bet dollars to donuts you'll be much more humble and you will have a better grasp of what you're talking about. Brashness comes with youth, I've been there man.

#88     Oct 30, 2009
  9. I don't doubt your comments one bit. I have only been in business for around 10 years so I do, hopefully, have a long ways to go still. All my comments and opinions come from my experience thus far and I recognize there is a lot more to go.

#89     Oct 30, 2009