Bankruptcy trend among small firms stuns lenders

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 21, 2009.

1. How does the saying go??.. the administration is an obamination....

#11     Oct 22, 2009
  2. The only reason you would say that is if you never owned a business and didn't think through what I said.

Prove me wrong hotshot.

#12     Oct 22, 2009
  3. I'm actually a Lincoln republican, but thanks.

#13     Oct 22, 2009
  4. Your first post in this thread was typical Republican talk, no suprise your a Republican.

#14     Oct 22, 2009
  5. Well I own two Karl, and one finances the other.

So I doubt I'd be trading without it.

Technically, most small businesses are jobs- Ask Michael Gerber, he wrote the book on it.

But given that small businesses create 90% of all jobs in north america, you'd think you'd have a wee little bit more respect.

It seems all the thought processes (if you want to call them that) on this chatboard are derivatives of a kind of 1980s Wall Street maschimo. Don't you ever wonder what you and your premeditated thoughts would be without that sort of buffer? (i.e would you even have an opinion?)

When the velocity of money slows down, so should your knee jerk reactive thinking about how people should run their businesses.

What businesses do you own?

#15     Oct 22, 2009
  6. I can tell that you don't own any business and are full of shit. How do I know this?

This is not emotional - none of my comments are. This is an empirical analysis of how capitalism, and by correlation small business, works.

Successful business owners understand that, as you so eloquently put it, the "velocity of money" will slow down. It always does. Successful business owners have this fact built into their business plans and not only survive it but take advantage of the market when it does occur. Please spare me the "well, everyone is affected" and "you can't plan for something like this", because we did, just like thousands of other businesses did.

A software services company. For the record, we are a 100% debt-free. We have credit lines for emergencies(never used) and when we buy other companies we use cash.

Regards,

-KK

#16     Oct 22, 2009
  7. He is correct for the most part. Most of these small businesses are excess. Idiots who think they can run a business and then go finance it with excessive debt.
    I pay close attention in the NY neighborhoods to the retail spaces. It's pretty obvious which businesses were never meant to exist long. Overpriced restaurants, lounges, boutique stores, random overpriced designer shops, etc.

Forget the actual business's finances. If your customer base relies on cheap credit to purchase from you, do you really think you have a sustainable revenue stream?

#17     Oct 22, 2009
  8. Fantastic comment.

#18     Oct 22, 2009
  9. jprad

jprad

Better hope your way of viewing the world doesn't take hold with the FDA when it comes to orphan drug development.

Otherwise, it would be rather ironic for you to come down with some obscure, life-threatening disease that doesn't offer pharma sufficient "economy of scale" to develop a cure.

#19     Oct 22, 2009
  10. It's "you're".

#20     Oct 22, 2009