Bankruptcy of Vallejo CA

Discussion in 'Economics' started by TheStudent, Feb 28, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Shouldn't be too long before Bernanke calls a press conference.... to announce, "It's not MY fault".

#11     Feb 28, 2008
  2. Let's be real here.

The Bush Administration has been screwing the Golden State ( and the world's 6th largest Economy ) for the past 7 years. Why do you think that Arnold has kept a fair amount of "distance" between himself and Bush?

Bush won't enforce illegal immigration and California taxpayers wind-up footing the $600 million dollar annual healthcare and social service bill.

Bush's buddies at FERC looked the other way when ENRON was "gaming" the power grids, etc.

The Secretary of the Interior, Gale Norton ( along with Cheney ) allowed water to be diverted up on the Klammath River which resulted in 32,000 salmon being killed, which has totally clobbered the fishing industry off the California coast.

Now we have Congress roasting EPA chief Stephen Johnson for "blocking" California's attempts to tighten up pollution guidelines.

I could go on and on with one example after another.

It's been one phu#%#% after another by the Bush Administration and his appointees.

No leadership FOR THE PEOPLE whatsoever.

#12     Feb 28, 2008
  3. AC3

AC3

It's good to know that in the midst of this and all the rest of it Congress is spending the justice departments time going after Roger Clemens ... if that doesn't put the whole government in perspective I don't know what does.

#13     Feb 28, 2008
  4. It's probably a pleasant diversion for the justice dept.

#14     Feb 28, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

That alone is quite a perspective. Imagine that even if the firefighters worked 80 hours per week... that's still $50 per hour. Wacko!

#15     Feb 28, 2008
  6. I think quite a few of these municipalities are dragging along sizable pensionable obligations in the closet.

You've got a lot of half pay checks to write out if people retire at 50 but live to 75.

#16     Feb 28, 2008
  7. pt199

pt199

The Bush Administration has been screwing the Golden State ( and the world's 6th largest Economy ) for the past 7 years. Why do you think that Arnold has kept a fair amount of "distance" between himself and Bush.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go "All Bush's fault"

#17     Feb 28, 2008
  8. Democrats like Arnie?

#18     Feb 28, 2008
  9. Aok

Aok

And when Obama or Hillary give them "free" healthcare, they might make it to 85.

The problem with California is the problem everywhere else: too many fingers in the pie and the people who pay the way get the middle finger as their vote is overruled by special interests getting fat on public graft.

#19     Feb 28, 2008
  10. SteveD

SteveD

I just knew it had to be Bush's fault.......

Bush made them pay out more than they took in.....

California has been a joke since Jerry Brown........

Just a matter of time.......

They recalled the totally clueless Grey Davis.....

Most successful state in the US and they can't spend it fast enough......

This shows you what happens when you get brain dead mush head Democrats in charge......

SteveD

#20     Feb 28, 2008