Bankers at Goldman are buying guns to protect themselves.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by peilthetraveler, Dec 21, 2009.

1. You don't have to be a Wall St. banker to know that, despite some signs that we are experiencing a recovery, the economy is really a house of cards that may come crashing down soon. I have never owned a gun in my life until a couple of months ago. Hopefully, we will make it through the next couple of years with some semblance of societal normalcy, but there is certainly a chance of social upheaval if the value of the US dollar declines precipitously and if foreclosures and unemployment accelerate. Owning a gun or two for personal protection and learning how to use them may be a wise investment for anyone who has assets and a family to protect.

#11     Dec 22, 2009
  2. It's absolutely nobody else's business if a private citizen such as a GSCO banker has applied for a handgun permit. This is an article that should not have even gone to press.

#12     Dec 22, 2009
  3. Under normal circumstances I would agree with you. But GS, too bad it's called Kharma friend. You can only bend and cheat so much.

I kept remarking to my friends, with so many guns in this country I am surprised nobody took out Madoff and ilk like his. Let me clearly state I am not advocating such a thing.

#13     Dec 22, 2009
  4. #14     Dec 22, 2009
  5. risky63

risky63

got my first 22 when i was 9.
    20 gauge and 30-30 at 12.
    you should see my toy chest now.

I've helped over 30 people select the proper "piece" in the last 2 years.
    almost all were first time buyers. they called me paranoid 20 years ago.

always been a "boy scout"..........

#15     Dec 22, 2009
  6. Arnie

Arnie

If the proverbial shit does hit the fan, I would imagine it would be very contained....at first. Maybe we see food riots in Detroit, or some state or city goes belly up and is unable to meet payroll.

Btw, well stocked here with beans and ammo. :D

#16     Dec 22, 2009