Bank vs Auto bailout in media

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by lemeeeplay, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Am I paranoid to think that the reason investment banks easily got a massive 750B handout while auto makers are having a hard time just borrowing a small $25B from Govt is due to the fact that the Goldbergs and Steins work at banks while Smiths and Richards work in the auto industry?

I mean look at the coverage:
    "Big Three auto CEOs flew private jets to ask for taxpayer money" ... http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/19/autos.ceo.jets/index.html

The media didn't report this type of thing when banking execs came to DC looking for handouts. I am sure there are other factors involved, but the media's reporting of this whole things is so biased.

FYI, don't start a flame war. I am not an anti-Semite and have little tolerance for bigots. I am just pointing out something that is obvious to simple observation and hoping to get an intelligent debate going on here.

2. No - you're right in that the autos are getting lambased. The reason is that Wall St. created all this fake paper money so they needed more of it to get fixed. The media doesn't want to jump on Wall St. because they still make the fake paper money.(read: derivatives)

Detroit makes -Real Products- tangible goods that are expensive. The Detroit 3 are a 100 billion USD easy, but it's all about perception.