Bank Stress Test Quagmire

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Memo: To All Proper Traders

Subject: Release of Bank Stress Test Results

Date: April 24, 2009

Please tread carefully to avoid blowing up as an historical event with extreme and unknown (unknowable?) consequences is unleashed upon the masses.

There is a famous quote that perfectly sums up the dilemma that the government has put itself and its citizens in, by way of lies and misdirection:

“Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive!”

- SCOTT IN “MARMION, CANTO VI, STANZA 17”

[​IMG]

2. The thieves, arranged before those whom they have bought and paid for, in an act of theater, pretending to be held to task, as a display of American Consumption for the masses:

[​IMG]
    Bank leaders await a federal assessment of their firms. From left, Lloyd Blankfein, Goldman Sachs; Jamie Dimon, JPMorgan Chase; Robert Kelly, Bank of New York Mellon; Kenneth Lewis, Bank of America; Ronald Logue, State Street; John Mack, Morgan Stanley; Vikram Pandit, Citigroup; John Stumpf, Wells Fargo.

3. schizo

schizo

No question about it. The government will resort to arm-twisting while the fat cats on Wall Street will lie there way out of this recession. But then again, am I not supposed to stick my head in my ass like any other patriotic citizens and pretend there is no recession?

4. I've never issued a 'Black' alert, but believe the possibility is extremely high for a Black Friday.

We should know within two hours.

5. Okay, I guess the 'initial,' vague report will be released this afternoon, and the detailed report not until next month.

Expect more bullshit and spin than ever before.