Bank Run Monday???

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by RussellDaytrade, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Could the Fed be about to shut down a major 'thrift', like WM this weekend?

And if so, will we then see (a) nationwide bank run(s)??

Warren Buffett's BH just exited the bank insurance business, at his express direction. Would be pinpoint timing if the above scenario were to transpire.

2. how sick would a "official bank run day" be, you short the stock with all the people you plan on bankrunning with then you all gather and withdraw all funds the same day!!!

3. Goldman and Citi just did that to LEH. lol

4. Huh, I wonder if this may yet manifest...guess there won't be long to find out!

Asset protection (above 100k) by buying some equities, to keep it from the hands of bankers???

5. jnbadger

jnbadger

You mean BSC don't you?

Oh, wait. Interchangable.

6. kxvid

kxvid

The house of cards is collapsing. WM is next, then AIG, then who knows but theres gonna be alot more.

7. Not for a while. AIG is meeting with Private Equity and DiNallo. I'd bet , though, it gets done in single digit. As a matter of fact, I will bet that happens.

Oops. CNBC just reported they are gong to the Fed.

8. kxvid

kxvid

'the ceo of AIG is turning down private equity money and turning for the federal reserve for help'

-cnbc 9:03 et

9. ya all can thanks the klans at the wht hse for this current financial meltdown. kapitalism/freemkt at its best rt now.